HDMI to VGA: No HDMI signal

I have no idea how you weird ARM people configure your displays/monitors, but from what I read in system info, it looks weird to me having two monitors set in kernel cmdline, while using only one monitor (IIUC)

If this is not some hacky method Pi-xxx uses to make monitors work, you might want to try removing the non-existent monitor from command line.

There are also some possibly relevant/useful commands in the linked wiki post, but I don’t get the command term. Are they actually commands you run in terminal, or config values?

Anyway, since the one present monitor advertises a min resolution of 720x400, it could be that the lower res in cmdline (640x480@60) creates the wobbly message :person_shrugging: for a fantom monitor :ghost: .

It is not. I don’t even have one. my HDMI works out of the box

1 Like

A small recap

1. there are two HDMI ports for this PI
  2. earlier there was a smaller monitor connected to this port before it became faulty
  3. i am using a mini HDMI to HDMI converter and HDMI to VGA.

Meddling with the config.txt is for only when plug and play did not work.

That’s what I thought. Did you remove monitors, or the ghost, from command line?

all my attempts failed to silence the monitor thorough config failed. finally i gave my big monitor to my son :hot_face: