Grub is incorrect

I had Pop!OS on a partition, erased it, installed EndeavourOS on that partition, reran grub on MXLinux, but Pop still shows instead of Endeavour. I have to go into bios do an f9 so that I can boot into Endeavor. how do I do the grub via Endeavor?

you can try https://endeavouros.com/docs/system-rescue/repair-grub-efi-uefi-system/

for legacy non efi you need that other page…

is part explained to chroot but since you can boot in system you can do grub-install.

I did a manual partition. That says it needs to be a standard installation.
I am not sure how I messed up originally, as I said before, I had Pop on the Endeavour partition and erased it to add Endeavour. When I tried to do the grub, it still sees the partition as Pop, so I have to go through what looks like the Bios and hit f9 to get to Endeavor

Maybe try reinstalling Endeavour. However, give it its own 512 MB boot partition. That way there will be two boot partitions and GRUB menus - The original one which is MX Linux and the newer GRUB menu which is Endeavour.

I personally have always had the one boot partition on my dual boot systems… But I know several people in the forum do what I’ve suggested above and have a boot partition for each distro.

Other than that the only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Endeavour and make sure that you’ve set up all your flags correctly.

Lastly, maybe try updating Grub to see if that makes a difference. Although I’m not sure if it will may be worth a try… sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfgq Then reboot.

ETA: Also, I’ve came across this article about how to fix arch based boot entries within an arch based system. Now I know MX is debian based, so I’m not sure if the steps outlined in the article apply. But may be they could still be worth doing.

Hopefully you get your GRUB issue fixed. Otherwise it might be worth asking over on the MX forum. Like the guys here they’re very helpful too.

Perhaps the output from sudo parted -l and efibootmgr -v could give some information. Please post the output in your next reply.

Hello @Scairdycat
It would be nice to see some hardware information here.

inxi -Fxxxza --no-host

Also

sudo fdisk -l