Greetings & Salutations from an Aspiring Geek

I just wanted to make a first post to introduce myself and say thank you to all the mods and members.

I’m an enthusiast and am not any kind of IT professional but I’ve already learned a lot here after lurking for a little while. I’m coming over from MX-19 which is also a great distro and it allowed me to get to a point where I could try something more challenging. So far my EndeavourOS experience has been outstanding. This place definitely has a more welcoming vibe than so many other forums.

Best regards to everyone.

19 Likes

Welcome to Endeavouros . Enjoy your experience and we here to help

4 Likes

Welcome!

These forums are a treasure for sure.
The nicest and most helpful community I’ve been a part of.

5 Likes

Welcome to Endeavouros

4 Likes

Welcome!

4 Likes

Solid distro, and I really appreciate they are one of the very few who still support 32bit and keeping the old stuff alive.

Welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay!

3 Likes

Welcome! Good to have you with us! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome! I hope you’re going to like it here.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

4 Likes

Welcome to EndeavourOS, enjoy this great community!

3 Likes

Welcome to EndeavourOS. Enjoy!

4 Likes

I read the title as you’re aspiring to be Greek xD

3 Likes

Welcome Aboard!

2 Likes

This is indeed an awesome community. Welcome!

2 Likes

Yeah, Gidday! :kiwi_fruit:

3 Likes

Welcome @AspiringGeek
I think this a natural progression for those coming from Linux Mint or MX Linux. It definitely steps up the game.

3 Likes

i am happily running both distros on different laptops

both in KDE with almost identical set ups … sometimes need to check the wallpaper to confirm which distro i am using

only a month into endeavour and really like it but not sure what you mean by ‘stepping up the game’ …

apart from leaarnig a new package manager, i don’t notice a great deal of difference for my personal usage … internetting…torrenting … movie watching and the occasional blob of work

also i do timeshift back ups with endeavour rather than the snapshot ISOs that i use on mx … (that snapshot/iso creator feature is definitely MXs flagship app)

i like having 2 forums to browse though …

and welcome to endeavour @AspiringGeek … nice, helpful people be here

3 Likes

That sums up a lot of my experience as well. The biggest challenge for any Linux distro is installation and initial setup. The rest is pretty much the same as long as you’re talking the same desktop environment.

Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome to the fun @AspiringGeek :partying_face: :tada: :balloon:

2 Likes

LOL Same here :joy:

1 Like