Greetings from Thailand

Hi I am a medical student from Thailand. I have been using linux since my high school year. enOS is my 2nd arch-based system. This is also my first time trying to use and tweak i3wm to my liking.

However, I notice significant drop in battery life adter the switch from Pop!_OS and still trying to optimise it.

Anyway, nice to see a friendly community on arch-base system. I also willing to contribute to something I can (localization or something).

Nice to meet y’all.

8 Likes

Hello @pannxe and welcome!

3 Likes

Welcome :partying_face::partying_face: Enjoy your time here!

3 Likes

Yay hi

3 Likes

Welcome too @kent! Enjoy your time here!

2 Likes

Yep, welcome to @kent too!

I wonder why I never created a hello thread? I started spamming right away! :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard! :smile:

Hopefully you’ll enjoy EndeavourOS.

Now that you mentioned it :wink: , we are looking for people translating the Welcome app. If you’d like to help translating it to your language, please look here: https://endeavouros.com/docs/applications/welcome, in the end under Note for the translators.

If you are willing to translate (which is totally your decision :smile:), I can help you getting started. Just let me know!
To estimate the amount of work, there are about 150 lines of (mostly very short) English sentences to be translated.

2 Likes

I see no problem with that, let me finish my midterm exam week and then I’ll contact you

3 Likes

Thanks! :+1:
And take your time, we are in no hurry. Personal life, of course, comes first. :smile:

1 Like

Welcome to both you and @kent good to have you with us! :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks <3

1 Like

Welcome tot the fun @pannxe and @kent.

3 Likes

Greetings from US. What was your first arch distro, Manjaro?

1 Like

Yep, I believe it’s most people first experience with arch-based stuff

2 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Hello and welcome!

1 Like