Greetings from between the chair and the keyboard!

Hello everyone,

I have just signed up to the forum and I am about to install EndeavorOS. I have tried/used some Linux systems before but I still consider myself as a new-beginner. I am okey with terminal and following instructions.

I am quite excited about trying Endeavour but I have run into a minor issue already. It seems that I am not able to import the key for verifying the iso. In a terminal in another Linux system:

$ gpg --recv CB23504F
gpg: keyserver receive failed: General error

Looking forward to meeting you all and I would appreciate your help for resolving the verifying issue.

4 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

ComplicatedWildKitten-small

2 Likes

welcome

2 Likes
1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the link. It solved the issue of importing the key!
:smile:

I did use forums search with “gpg: keyserver receive failed: General error” but it didn’t come up with something I could use.
:blush: :blush:

Now I am off to verifying, making the usb …
Fun!!

Thanks again!

4 Likes

See you all in a bit, if everything goes well (which I believe it will) from my freshly installed EndeavourOS.

:rocket:

3 Likes

Hello, and welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to the party :beers: You have already seen how helpful the community is, I assure you it won’t change, no matter what questions you run into. :smiley:

1 Like
gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys CB23504F

keyservers lately have issues…

1 Like

Greetings!

2 Likes

Thank you all for your welcoming and help!

I was supposed to install the OS yesterday but I got sidetracked and couldn’t do it. Now it’s Monday and a new work week starting. I hope I will find time to dedicate to installing Endeavour within shortly.

I am going for online installer and Gnome desktop. Honestly Gnome is a new territory for me. I have been using Xfce mostly and Cinnamon a little. If you have suggestions/tips, I am more that happy to receive them.

Thanks again to you all!

:smile:

Installing the OS should only take you 30 mins tops depending on your connection if you net install.If you do use Gnome and extensions (most people do) Remember to disable them (and maybe user themes) prior to an update. In particular gnome shell updates.

1 Like

Awesome username, nice start. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks!!

Guess that pretty much sums me up! The problems I tend to make…

:blush:

1 Like

It’s good to know what sort of things I have to look out for.

Thank you!

On Cinnamon make sure to go into effects and turn off Window effects. It causes transparency on the welcome app when cursor is on it.

Edit: Also Welcome!

1 Like

Thanks!

By the way, is it possible to install both Gnome and Cinnamon at the same time. Won’t they be interfering to much with each other and rendering the system unstable or causing other troubles?

There should be no issue installing Gnome and Cinnamon at the same time. I have those (and several other DE’s) installed together in a VM version of EOS currently and there are no issues. You just select the one you want (typically in the upper right hand corner) when you login and away you go.

1 Like