Greetings from Agronomist in love with Linux

Hi everyone,

I’m long time user of linux, first installation was 20 years ago with Slackware.
Started with experiment, and now all my machines except company one are running some form of linux. I fell in love with rolling distributions, used Antergos before, when it stopped I’ve switched to Manjaro. Now, I’m looking for something more cleaner experience and that’s why I’m here.

Hopefully to find a new and friendly place here!

11 Likes

Welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

welcome

2 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome!

I started with slackware as well. Although for me, it is possible it was more than 20 years ago. :wink:

2 Likes

Dobrodošao!

3 Likes

Hvala najlepše! Pozdrav iz Novog Sada.

3 Likes

Jos malo i eto nam citava bivsa YU! :wink:

3 Likes

Welcome

2 Likes

An agronomist? Awesome!! I’m an assistant golf course superintendent! Welcome fellow agronomist! What kind of plants/turf do you work with??

2 Likes

Welcome to the fun :beers: You certainly found a friendly place in this forum :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello, colleague :smile:

I’m in plant nutrition specialst and mostly work with fruits (pome, stone and soft fruits), wine and table grapes and veggies grown on soil and soiless.

1 Like

That’s awesome!! I especially like the wine part. I do very little with fruits, as you can imagine I mostly deal with turf. Kikuyu, Bermuda and Bentgrass mostly these days, but I’ve worked with most anything you can make into fine playing conditions from sports turf to golf. My nutrition these days is very basic. Almost entirely just quick release nitrogen and boat loads of iron. Everyone likes the iron, keeps the broadleaf weeds away and that beautiful black green color of grass!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome! Glad to see other new comers joining along apart from myself.

2 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

I had experience with Australian turf market, and more or less they use same products.

You can also try with foliar spray of magnesium nitrate. Magnesium is central part of chlorophyll, and iron plays significant role in photosynthesis, which brings you nice, dark and rich green color to the leaves. Effect of magnesium nitrate is almost instant.

While discussing, I’m preparing my first laptop and already installed EOS Plasma… Looking good so far :sunny:

Welcome!

2 Likes

Suddenly i feel like listening to my Jethro Tull albums again.

Then again, i’m only thick as a brick.

1 Like

I make a mix with some citric acid, iron magnesium and manganese with some seaweed. I use more than just iron. Occasionally a little potassium silicate to get a little extra greens speed. :wink:

Also I’m in USA not Australia, although that is definitely the primary area for kikuyu grass.

1 Like

Welcome to EOS!

2 Likes