Greetings from a distro hopper

Hello everyone! Just installed Endeavour, and as the subject says, I’m a bit of a distro hopper. During the summer of 2019 I jumped back into Linux after being gone for several years. During my first run, mid/late 2000’s, I used Red Hat, Mandrake (discontinued distro), Fedora, Cent OS, and Simply Mepis (discontinued distro). Since the summer of 2019 I’ve used MX Linux, Manjaro, Mint, Pop!_OS, Ubuntu (very briefly…hours), Kubuntu, and Arch (my last distro). So I’m not new to Linux, but I’m probably not the one to go to for help. Hopefully Endeavour is the last stop on my Linux journey.

9 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for giving EndeavourOS a try. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Pudge

2 Likes

welcome … might stop hop now :wink:

3 Likes

Arch to Endeavour is not a big step in terms of distro, but you may find that some people in the community are slightly different. :wink:

“Once you go Arch you never go back”

7 Likes

Welcome @Christo524
EndeavourOS is more than a Linux journey. It’s an adventure. :enos:

2 Likes

The distro is really stable, it works and has lot’s of DE’s available. The people who choose to use it are not judgmental, just enthusiastic and helpful, and we have a good sense of humour too, backed up with decent (enough I think!) technical knowledge. It’s a good place to be if the Linux world is a good place for you. The fact it’s Arch-based has proven to be good thing in my opinion. I wouldn’t change a thing about it. It’s my daily driver on both Desktop and Laptop now. Enjoy! :grin:

7 Likes

Welcome to the fun :partying_face: :tada: :balloon:

This is a great distribution and forum so it is a good place to stop hopping.

2 Likes

Welcome :partying_face::partying_face: Enjoy your time here!

2 Likes

Gobble gobble

Glad to have you with us.

1 Like

Welcome

distrohopper

2 Likes

Welcome. It will be interesting if EnOS curates your distro hopping “issue” :crazy_face:

I thinking it probably won’t do that… :innocent:

4 Likes

:sweat_smile:

ok, i was too quick on that one… “if it cures his hopping issue”, that was what i meant :joy:
But i think that’s questionable as well… Damn, i already wanted to say you’re such a pessimist, @dalto. but then i thought about my choice of words again…

2 Likes