Greetings, another ship has arrived

Hi I’m @lah7, you may remember me from such projects like Ubuntu MATE and Polychromatic.

… or maybe not, so hello! :wave:

My Linux voyage started in 2011 with Ubuntu (GNOME 2). I didn’t mind Unity for a few years before settling on Ubuntu MATE (2015) to build their bespoke Welcome and Software Boutique programs amongst other bits and bops (like the website and servers).

Arch appeals to me as I like the latest from upstream. Without a doubt, pacman, the AUR and Arch’s Wiki are beautiful examples of K.I.S.S. These resources have everything I need. :+1:

From :green_circle: to :green_square: , I switched to Manjaro a year or two ago for the stability safety net as well as switching to KDE and adopting Qt applications. In spirit of GNOME 2, my Plasma desktop is laid in a dual panel layout arrangement, just without “Applications, Places, System”.

Recently, I departed into the misty waters and landed at EndeavourOS :sailboat: My appetite for modular, minimal and vanilla desktop systems has been satisfied. Thanks to Liam from GamingOnLinux for reviewing this distro and putting it on the map! :world_map:

Fun fact: Ubuntu MATE Welcome I worked on is a fork of Antergos’s Welcome in 2014 (the spiritual predecessor to EndeavourOS) which was a fork of Manjaro’s Welcome from 2013. That is purely coincidental!

17 Likes

Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Polychromatic is why I just purchased a razor huntsman elite.

So IMHO you’re absolutely awesome.

3 Likes

Uh, yes. Yes I do. :grin:

(I stole some of your patches for gtk3-classic :joy:)

Speaking as another long-term Ubuntu user, you’ll find the Arch way incredibly refreshing.

5 Likes

Welcome Aboard!

2 Likes

Welcome to EndeavourOS! Enjoy your time here!

1 Like

@lah7 Welcome to the EndevourOS ship! :rocketa_purple:

2 Likes

Welcome to the fun :tada:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, mate!!! :clap:

2 Likes

Hey lah7! I remember you well :slight_smile: Good to have you with us!

2 Likes

Wow and here’s me thinking all the time that it was the other way around. :grinning:

Welcome, although I’m not completely sure how to welcome a member with a resume like yours… :wink:

3 Likes

Welcome! :partying_face:

:rocket:

2 Likes

Welcome to this great distro and very friendly community. You’ll find quite a lot of ex-“Manjaroans” here. Well, we all had to make our first steps somewhere. :grinning:

2 Likes

welcome :rocketa_purple:

2 Likes

A warm welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome lah7! Polychromatic and Ubuntu Mtae are both awesome projects, thank you for your work on them!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community.

I’ve been using Endeavour for 3 weeks and really love it. The community are really nice people, With it being stable and nice community Endeavour doesn’t feel like Arch, it feels like it’s a different distro.

5 Likes

Welcome.

Is there an elbow bump emoji … not comfortable with handshakes just yet.

:grin:

5 Likes