Gnatstudio doesn't install correctly, libraries don't follow ..?

Hi,
Several times I’ve been “installing” packages, but finding no binary, nothing’s actualy there !
The latest iteration being:

==> Les sources sont prêtes.
gnatstudio-bin-20220512-1 : analyse de la liste des paquets… Gnatstudio doesn't install correctly, libraries don't follow ..?
:: gnatstudio-bin-20220512-1 est à jour – inutile de recompiler le paquet
chargement des paquets…
avertissement : gnatstudio-bin-20220512-1 est à jour – réinstallation
résolution des dépendances…
recherche des conflits entre paquets…

yet no gnatstudio or gps or anything.
In that case espite being installed through the package manager it still goes in /opt/gnatstudio, something I don’t understand. PATH Is not updated automatically. What’s the point of a package manager then ?
Next, when I execute /opt/gnatstudio/bin/gnatstudio it says:

drm@dr-80qr /o/g/bin> ./gnatstudio
/opt/gnatstudio/bin/gnatstudio_exe: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Linux dr-80qr 5.19.7-arch1-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Mon, 05 Sep 2022 18:09:09 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux
the version I’m trying to install:

aur/gnatstudio-bin 20220512-1 [+0 ~0.00] [Installé]

First some clearup:
aur/gnatstudio-bin
This is not a package to install from a repository … the AUR provides user-provided build instructions… you can use to build a package and install it when you are able to create the package.

As it is user content it can be faulty and not working… it could also not follow standard archlinux packaging rules…

If you have an issue building it is mostly an issue with the source so first check at the source

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gnatstudio-bin

charlie5 commented on 2022-07-22 04:43 (UTC)

Add the following line to your .bashrc …

export PATH=“$PATH:/opt/gnatstudio/bin”

This will allow access to the gnatstudio binary but still use the latest Archlinux gcc version.

1 Like

Hope you don’t mind @joekamprad, if the OP does not want to modify the environment path, once the previous attempt is cleaned up as above:

yay -S gnatstudio-bin

will also work :wink:

i only posted the comment from the AUR page… and information in general… i do not check the AUR PKGBUILD or any…

1 Like

So I shouldn’t be surprised if a good many packages (in my experience…) are not functional in the AUR ? Damn. I guess freedom has its price but I understand where it comes from at least.

Yeah I did just that, and got the same library issue, but with different ones. ldconfig/updatedb did nothing or I just don’t get what to write. I raised an issue on the relevant github page.
Gnat never had much luck, which is understandable considering the enormous beast of complexity it is :-/

may ask at the AUR page too?

[joe@joe-virtualbox ~]$ locate libcrypt.so.
/usr/lib/libcrypt.so.2
/usr/lib/libcrypt.so.2.0.0

seems it links to old libs…

[joe@joe-virtualbox ~]$ yay -Qo /usr/lib/libcrypt.so.2
/usr/lib/libcrypt.so.2 is owned by libxcrypt 4.4.28-2

2022-09-21_20-35