Gidday Plasma

I am giving Plasma another try, and just noted a bug…or two…
so I came here to post my screenshot from Vivaldi, and the file upload won’t do anything in Vivaldi now (worked on Cinnamon).
The screenshot I wanted to show you was when editing the panel size, the + - buttons do the reverse of what you’d expect.
I’ll log back into Cinnamon in order to attach the screenshot…
Screenshot_20201218_124239

2 Likes

Beautiful wallpaper & Desktop!

Can you post that wallpaper here? :grin:

1 Like

Just so long as I don’t use Plasma :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

121436593_3608770745849627_1850011047156732739_o
Actually it did eventually load the KFileDialog !!

5 Likes

Thanks, much appreciated!

1 Like

Look up Kilian Schoenberger Photography on bookface. He’s a very talented landscape photographer.

1 Like

This the same person? http://www.kilianschoenberger.de/

Yep

1 Like

I have reported the height editing bug:

I don’t have this bug. When I click on + the number increases and the panel gets bigger, when I click on - it’s the opposite. Everything works fine.

I don’t know what you’re doing with your Plasma install, but I can’t reproduce 90% of bugs you people are experiencing. People say “Plasma is buggy”, but I rarely ever noticed a bug on Plasma, and I’ve been using it for some 7-8 years. :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting that! This is a clean installation, so I have no idea why it’s doing what it is…I’ll load a screenrecorder, and capture it, so that I can prove it to the KDE guys then, if no one else is experiencing it.

Can you please try with your panel on the top or right side of screen? I can see it does have an issue on ONLY those edges, not the other 2.

@Kresimir : never mind; KDE have confirmed it’s a duplicate of this bug:

1 Like

Having the panel on top? Ridiculous! Why would anyone want to make their Plasma look like GNOME? :rofl:

5 Likes

I don’t have it either. Mine works the way it should.

1 Like

Left side panel -not seeing it either.

1 Like

For me, it is a top bar and a dock, and then complain about how much screen real estate is being wasted. Just go with a panel that combines the two, and have it auto-hide. Viola! No “wasted” space!

That being said, @onyxnz, I really like the background and am glad you found a Desktop layout that works for you. That is the joy of Linux… making things work and look the way you want to!

2 Likes

I’d like diagonal panel :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I’d like an Arch panel! :grin:

2 Likes

I had that the last time I tried plasma wayland :rofl:

3 Likes