Getting an exclamation mark on my WIFI icon

See post 5 here:

1 Like

What about disabling the check?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NetworkManager#Checking_connectivity

&

https://jlk.fjfi.cvut.cz/arch/manpages/man/NetworkManager.conf.5#CONNECTIVITY_SECTION

1 Like

What has Garuda Linux Forum have to do with it? Am i missing something here? I got no issue with mine!

1 Like

The whole thing is based on Arch. The same problem is reported in the Manjaro forum. In this respect: yes, EnOS, Garuda, Manjaro …

Yes i understand that but specifically doesn’t help fix the problem. :wink:

The check should be disabled by default?

I’m not sure but it can be disabled from what im reading, hopefully someone with more expertise then I have will reply.

The link to this posting comes from @anon83136962, thanks 4 it:

Why not disable it, can you safely?

Edit: By disabling, im referring to the check not disabling NetworkManager. Just to be clear. :grin:

Because I have no idea about it, but that works :wink:

2 Likes

@joekamprad can the check just be disabled, so you don’t have this happen again?

sudo touch /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/20-connectivity.conf
should disable it, manual page is not that clear about how to disable, it say “if uri is not set”
but setting it to the nmcheck.gnome uri it will simple work in the future, as this side will not be down at all time :wink:

2 Likes

No one said it had anything to do with the Garuda forums. That is an assumption on your part. For those getting the popup to login to the network that link in post 5 in that thread fixes it.

1 Like

Why is a problem for some and not others. Mine hasn’t seemed to be an issue?

No assumption on my end! I just asked what’s it got to do with Garuda. It’s a simple question. Most people would just explain. :clown_face:

Then be happy :wink:

1 Like

I am …I just wanted an explanation. :sob:

Edit: Not an exclamation! :rofl:

An explanation of why one thing is easy for one and more difficult for another … honestly!

I’m going to sleep now. :sleeping:

1 Like

May I add myself up in the list, too. :roll_eyes: