Games Crash On DXVK Occasionally

So this is sort of a duplicate of a previous thread I started .
Games On Steam/Proton And Bottles/WINE sometimes crash on “shader compilation” occasionally .
In games where this supposed shader compilation takes place indicated by heavy stuttering before and very smooth performance a few seconds later in a ideal manner as many gaming videos (DXVK) on youtube .

Things I Have tried:

• Changing Proton Version
  • Changing DXVK version (Bottles)

I have started to think this might be caused by shader compilation overloading my CPU and causing the games to crash . Idk if this has only been occurring to me on Arch only or not.

Any/All Help is appreciated !

Thanks!

I think I found the error part in proton logs:

err:   DxvkMemoryAllocator: Mapping memory failed with VK_ERROR_MEMORY_MAP_FAILED
err:   DxvkMemoryAllocator: Mapping memory failed with VK_ERROR_MEMORY_MAP_FAILED
err:   DxvkMemoryAllocator: Memory allocation failed
err:     Size:      320000
err:     Alignment: 64
err:     Mem types: 0,1,2
err:   Heap  Size (MiB)  Allocated   Used        Reserved    Budget
err:    0:     5786        1388         931        1036        1707      
8104.105:0134:0138:trace:seh:raise (22)
8105.426:0134:0138:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0A33532C) stub
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'dxvk::DxvkError'
Error: SSL error -1
8119.642:00e8:01d0:warn:threadname:NtSetInformationThread Thread renamed to L"wine_threadpool_worker"
8121.035:0030:01d4:warn:threadname:NtSetInformationThread Thread renamed to L"wine_threadpool_worker"
8121.035:0030:01d8:warn:threadname:NtSetInformationThread Thread renamed to L"wine_threadpool_worker"
8121.035:0030:01dc:warn:threadname:NtSetInformationThread Thread renamed to L"wine_threadpool_worker"
8121.058:0030:01e0:warn:threadname:NtSetInformationThread Thread renamed to L"wine_threadpool_worker"
8121.058:0030:01e4:warn:threadname:NtSetInformationThread Thread renamed to L"wine_threadpool_worker"
pid 19133 != 19132, skipping destruction (fork without exec?)

Edit: This seems to be caused by insufficient memory which caused it to crash . Weird enough ,this only happens in some games . Also I never encountered any such issues on Manjaro or stuff.

Could it be that latest bleeding edge stable software that is provided by Arch upon release could be hurting me ?

SOLUTION:

According to this post here : https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=288424
It was a KERNEL ISSUE that I had started to face in version 6.7 and it was fine up till 6.6
I changed kernel to Zen , FAILED.
Changed kernel to LTS , WORKED.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.