This is my first post in this forum, so please excuse any issues with the quality of my post.
I had installed EndeavourOS, and I was absolutely loving it! I spent all day today customizing my desktop because I was so in love with Endeavour and Linux as a whole. However, eventually I tried to reboot after making some changes, and it seems that I have broken it (I can only display an underscore at the top of the screen - it seems it is frozen because it does not blink)
As far as I remember, the main changes I made before rebooting were:
- Changing power mode to performance on the kde settings
- Installing nvidia-settings
- Installing a widget from the KDE store, but I rebooted after and it still worked
I have attempted to solve the issue in these ways in tty3:
- Uninstalled nvidia-settings and rebooted
- Reinstalled nvidia-dkms and nvidia-utils
- Replaced nvidia-dkms with nvidia
- Installed nouveau (didn’t work, so I uninstalled again)
- Created nvidia-xconfig, but left it empty as I don’t know what to write on it
Some more info that might also be pertinent is that I tried to use startx in the terminal, but that seems to also freeze the screen.
I have skimmed through journalctl | grep nvidia but I am very inexperienced with linux, and I’m not sure how to share some key logs like journalctl and xorg.conf when I am stuck in the terminal screen. Please let me know how I can share these as well
Finally, here is my system information:
- Host: G5 GD
- Kernel: 6.6.3-arch-1
- CPU: Intel i5-11400H (12)
- GPU: Intel TigerLake-H GT1
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Mobile
I spent a lot of time customizing my desktop and migrating stuff from my previous OS (windows11), and I would hate having to reinstall everything from the iso file. Any help would be greatly appreciated!