Fresh install, Vanilla Arch?

The problem seems to be that the hook created a file, but it’s, a dummy? According to the which command there is no actual lsb-release package installed.

hook created the endeavour info in lsb-release might not need lsb-release i dont know exact… but you can change it normal if you have lsb-release installed what already there move somewhere else, the hook should change it later on

the hook hook does after update the endeavouros intoo the lsb-release

1 Like

That’s the thing… It doesn’t.
Or rather it DOES, but nothing happens.

Fixed:

Delete the “dummy” file created by the .hook in /etc
Install the lsb-release package.

Voilá!

Screenshot_2020-02-17_23-30-49

if you do https://imgur.com/d9s4QHC.png lsb_release -a you get likes of that is from lsb-release package probably not needed more on other packages i dont know , on post install process after a update of pacman, it start the hook to change the inner, is not a biggy i think neofetch of screenfetch takes info elsewhere

1 Like

may caused by the trick that you uninstall lsb-release package and the hook creates the file also without the package installed … would be interesting… @manuel @fernandomaroto ?

the file is copied by cleaner_script.

But would installation fail if cleaner script can not get the file downloaded?

Shouldn’t, but some configuration will be wrong/missing or even from endeavouros.
The implementation of a vanilla install will need some rework.
For example pacstrap module is installing endeavouros mirrors, keyring etc, so isn’t a real “vanilla install” even if deselect all packages at netinstall window.
Another thing to consider is any other command running on calamares modules or even cleaner/chrooted scripts, which for now aply configs to deploy a endeavouros system or just make the install “less vanilla”

As far as i remember @Bryanpwo wanted to play with it after his python course (sorry if i’m puting words in his mouth, but it’s what i remember).

I can work alone on this but since i don’t consider a priority considering all other stuff we’re testing lately i probably won’t get motivated to do it :stuck_out_tongue:

My idea here is to add a 3th option like offline/online/vanilla installs, this is the easiest solution.

Also important to know is what users consider vanilla; an arch install with no xorg, wayland, DE, DM etc or they want to install everything with no configs? No configs would also mean not enabling systemd stuff, so they wouldn’t have DM to boot their DEs etc.
For me vanilla is using calamares to install an arch system with no DE, DM, going right through terminal login…

This is basically what I did; I unchecked virtually everything from the net installer. However I did not uncheck anything to do with Endeavour Theming or similar, which is why the plain Arch logo was a surprise to me.

1 Like

I sent a message to you on this subject

Pudge

1 Like
3 Likes

/etc/lsb-release and /etc/os-release are just text files, and packages like screenfetch/neofetch just read them.
So you could write endeavouros, archlinux, ubuntu, Jackie Chan etc. Running these apps would should the system writen in text files, doesn’t mean you’re actually running the distro.

2 Likes

I know that; my point was the opposite: I did not think I had unchecked anything removing any Eos specific settings and was surprised by the lack of EndeavorOS logo.

You remember correctly, like you, since there are other priorities at the moment, this one is a bit lower on the list. @Pudge and @patryk are working and improving on the script @joekamprad mentioned right at this moment, BTW.

4 Likes