Found this gem on the r/pcmr Subreddit enjoy!

:joy:

Capture+_2020-10-31-19-45-12

8 Likes

when i was younger i was mnessing with my moms HTC myTouch android phone (it had a pita root process) and i accidentally nuked it. We just said “it wasnt working when we got it”

1 Like

Actually I own the same case and exactly the same happened to me as well.
The shop concluded it was a production error as there is simply too much pressure on the glass from the screws.
They tested this by attempting to open one themselves and obviously it did not go well.

As they wanted to still charge me 150 EUR to switch all to a new case, I am now the proud owner of a well ventilated, 3-side case :rofl:

3 Likes

Old knight’s word of honor:

Don’t say everything you know!

8 Likes

I have the following case:

Fortunately it was very well packaged.

Also fortunately not planning on moving for years.

1 Like

Jesus :sweat_smile:
So basically they admitted to selling you a bad case, but still wanted to charge you for fixing a problem that shouldn’t be yours to begin with?
I hope they at least refunded you that case?

5 Likes

I hoped so too, but no they didn’t.

1 Like

Maybe I’m an idiot like this guy, but I shudder at the thought of going to my local computer store and lying about something they sold me breaking during shipping, when I know it was my fault. I’ve had mostly good experiences with the computer stores in my neighbourhood, whenever something was wrong with stuff they sold me, they never made an issue and replaced it no questions asked.

Defrauding them would just feel wrong and if they caught me doing something like that I’d want to die of embarrassment, and would never set foot into that store again. :man_shrugging:t3:

On the other hand, I would not use a tempered glass PC case. :smiley:

4 Likes

HERESY

Why is that? Doesn’t acrylic give you enough of a view? :grin: (I have one of each, btw) :smiley_cat:

1 Like

My PC cases are in another room. I run cables through the wall. The quietest setup ever, even though I have six large fans, running constantly at full rpm. CPU temp rarely above 35°C.

5 Likes

Production error = return for a refund.

€150 less the refund for the original case?

1 Like

No the 150 is not less the original case price.
But I will get a new case someday.
Currently it is not bothering me enough.
My CPU water cooling is also due for replacement due to it having air in it and it being a closed loop.

1 Like

Please tell me you’re gonna buy your stuff elsewhere at least? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Of course I will :sweat_smile:
I don’t hate myself that much :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, was it one of our big online sellers, or a local store?
Just trying to make sure I don’t order parts there myself :upside_down_face:

Yep one of the big Belgian online shops.
The only one with a PC builder on the website.

1 Like

Alright, say no more…
Guess I’ll be buying elsewhere in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did and it has tinted tempered glass on the side and front. :astonished: