flatpak zoom wont appear in kde and gives this error

app/us.zoom.zoom/x86_64/master not installed

. For spotify it says

‘/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share’
‘/home/donkey/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share’

are not in the search path set by the XDG_DATA_DIRS environment variable, so
applications installed by Flatpak may not appear on your desktop until the
session is restarted.

Are you using fish or another non-POSIX shell?

1 Like

so fish breaks it?

The issue is that flatpak doesn’t include config for fish. I believe this was recently fixed and will likely be added in a future release of flatpak.

In the meantime, you have two options.

• You can switch your default shell back to bash or zsh and then set konsole or whatever terminal application you use to run fish.
  • You can manually duplicate the xdg setup stuff for fish and get it into your environment somehow.

I always recommend the former option because that way you will still be using fish interactively but your default shell will be POSIX compliant for anything that cares about that.

5 Likes

There’s a zoom package in the AUR & spotify!

1 Like

I wanted to sandbox it the little amount I could.

1 Like

but zoom doesnt even start from the terminal, it just says “app/us.zoom.zoom/x86_64/master not installed” even on bash

Do the first thing @dalto suggests.

Change your user’s shell back to Bash with the chsh command.

Then edit your terminal emulator’s settings to run Fish.

You’ll still have Fish in your terminal emulator for interactive shell sessions, but your default shell (which you’ll never see) will be Bash. It’s never a good idea to have a non-POSIX compliant shell as your user’s default, there are things other than just flatpaks that will break.

You’re probably using Konsole, so just right click anywhere and select “Edit Current Profile…” and under "Command: " type “/bin/fish” (or wherever the executable for Fish is).

3 Likes

That is because your environment is missing the things that flatpak needs. Just using bash won’t help, you need to change your default shell to bash and logout and back in.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.