Firefox causing cpu 100% with gmail

When I open gmail in Firefox 92 1 cpu core will run at 100% then drop to zero and another core will run at 100% and so on. This is with no extensions enabled. With chromium no problem. I tried installed FF nightly and as soon as opened the gmail bookmark it crashed.

I can’t remember it happening before the last plasma upgrade…but that could be my imagination.

This is my setup

inxi -F
System: Host: paul-aspirea51554g Kernel: 5.14.5-arch1-1 x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.22.90 Distro: EndeavourOS
Machine: Type: Laptop System: Acer product: Aspire A515-54G v: V1.17 serial:
Mobo: CML model: Doc_WC v: V1.17 serial: UEFI: Insyde v: 1.17 date: 01/21/2020
Battery: ID-1: BAT1 charge: 37.7 Wh (100.0%) condition: 37.7/48.9 Wh (77.0%)
CPU: Info: Quad Core model: Intel Core i5-10210U bits: 64 type: MT MCP cache: L2: 6 MiB
Speed: 700 MHz min/max: 400/4200 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 700 2: 729 3: 700 4: 700 5: 700 6: 700 7: 700 8: 700
Graphics: Device-1: Intel CometLake-U GT2 [UHD Graphics] driver: i915 v: kernel
Device-2: NVIDIA GP108M [GeForce MX250] driver: nvidia v: 470.63.01
Device-3: Chicony HD User Facing type: USB driver: uvcvideo
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.13 driver: loaded: intel unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa
resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel UHD Graphics (CML GT2) v: 4.6 Mesa 21.2.1
Audio: Device-1: Intel Comet Lake PCH-LP cAVS driver: snd_hda_intel
Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.14.5-arch1-1 running: yes
Sound Server-2: PipeWire v: 0.3.35 running: yes
Network: Device-1: Intel Comet Lake PCH-LP CNVi WiFi driver: iwlwifi
IF: wlan0 state: up mac: 58:96:1d:76:b0:b5
Device-2: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet driver: r8169
IF: eth0 state: down mac: b4:a9:fc:88:d3:79
IF-ID-1: tun0 state: unknown speed: 10 Mbps duplex: full mac: N/A
Bluetooth: Device-1: Intel AX201 Bluetooth type: USB driver: btusb
Report: rfkill ID: hci0 state: up address: see --recommends
Drives: Local Storage: total: 476.94 GiB used: 105.34 GiB (22.1%)
ID-1: /dev/nvme0n1 vendor: SK Hynix model: HFM512GDJTNG-8310A size: 476.94 GiB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 147.23 GiB used: 80.75 GiB (54.8%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/nvme0n1p4
ID-2: /boot/efi size: 96 MiB used: 68.3 MiB (71.1%) fs: vfat dev: /dev/nvme0n1p1
Swap: Alert: No swap data was found.
Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 52.0 C mobo: N/A
Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A
Info: Processes: 250 Uptime: 1h 26m Memory: 7.49 GiB used: 1.75 GiB (23.4%) Shell: Bash inxi: 3.3.06


It’s almost like Google wants you to use Chrome… :thinking:


Is not stable :wink:

1 Like

I know - that’s why I use 92! I just installed nightly to test and :bomb: :boom: