Both Firefox and LibreWolf take about 30 seconds to start. I got the error message:
Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To use Firefox, you must first close the existing Firefox process, restart your device, or use a different profile.
I tried several solutions such as:
- restarting my computer
- clearing cache
- creating a new Firefox profile
- uninstalling both Firefox and LibreWolf
- installing them as a flatpak
- Launching them in safe mode
- Removing the “profile lock” file
- Not using my VPN (Mullvad VPN)
- launching the app with split tunneling
I have not had this problem when using Brave browser. Iv had this issue for a while now and am out of ideas for how to fix it.