Failing to install Kdeconnect

Hi, im trying to install kdeconnect, but i get this message:

warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (failed to retrieve some files)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

i have not Kde Plasma installed, i only installed FXCE4 and i3WM. I seems like it wants to install a lot of KDE bloat, for example: error: failed retrieving file ‘kwallet-5.88.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst.sig’ from mirror.osbeck.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
but i only want kdeconnect.

1 Like

From the error it seems a mirror issue. Please refresh your mirror list and retry.

And welcome to the forum!

Your first issue is you need to refresh your mirrors. They are not responding which is where the 404 error comes from. Second you should always post the complete output contained in code tags. Unfortunately you can’t just install Kdeconnect without the dependencies and KDE has tons of them.

Lastly,

Welcome to the forum!

Although a mirror issue can cause this problem, there is another common reason. It is usually when you try to install software without updating your system.

Keep in mind that on a Arch-based rolling release distro you must always update when you install software.

i did a net install so i didnt did a pacman -Syu, ill try it

If that doesn’t work, it is almost definitely a mirror problem and you should resort your mirrors.

What you call bloat, are dependencies required to install and run/use the tool. So I would not call it bloat.

1 Like

i just had to refresh my mirrors, thank you all.

If you think that’s a lot. . . you should try installing something from GNOME onto KDE. . . You get like all of GNOME usually hahaha. 13 packages isn’t too bad. I have kdeconnect on everything. I love it.

https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/kdeconnect/

Glad you got it sorted out!
Please mark the post pointing to the resolution of the issue by clicking on … and check the box for solution.