Failed to connect to cups server

Enable cups…

sudo systemctl enable --now org.cups.cupsd.socket

Edit: Then try to browse localhost again.

With --needed it does not reinstall it. All are updated.
I do it without --needed option.
I did enable cups. I browsed localhost but I cannot connect to any option of menu.

Well it normally opens another window that you put in root and your password unless you have something blocking it such as a firewall. Check that the window is not behind another window.

No option for root.
I assumed that the firewall might have something to do with it and deactivated it. Nothing changed. Now I have activated it again:
Profile: Home
Incoming: Deny
Outgoing: Allow

avahi-daemon: UDP:5353
avahi-daemon: UDP6: 5353
avahi-daemon: UDP6:55140
network manager: UDP:68 192.168.0.20

If you have a firewall which i asked. You need to disable it and reboot.

Edit: It won’t work with it on to browse the localhost

Yes, I had the firewall down when we did all the checks. Only now have I activated it to see if it made any difference. Since it didn’t, I’ve deactivated it again. Everything remains the same.

You have to deactivate it and then restart the computer.

Yes, I understand you. I did it but nothing.

Well it must be still blocked somehow. I would try uninstalling the firewall and you can reinstall it again later. Just reboot after and try. If that doesn’t work then something else is up. I just went through this with another user. But i set up his on usb as a local printer. He had a firewall and turning it off and reboot and then he got in.

I’m sorry to tell you that I still have localhost blocking.

I have two computers connected to the same router. On the other one I have Kubuntu and everything works fine. I have installed EndeavourOS on this computer to test it and I liked it very much, more than Kubuntu. But I have stumbled upon this problem. In Kubuntu, I access localhost:631 and all its options.

I am not sure the reason you can’t browse the local host other than the firewall blocking it. If you are going to use the printer in this way it has to be set up shared and you have to be able to set it up as a network printer. I can’t help much other than what I have given. If you can’t access the localhost there is a reason. Just have to figure out what it is. Firewall will block it.

What browser are you using? Maybe you can try to browse local host and post a screenshot what it is showing.

Are you using Firefox or some other browser.

You can try also

sudo systemctl restart cups

I thought about that too. I deleted all the data, cache, etc. I use Firefox. That’s why I tried Chromium, but the same thing happened.

sudo systemctl restart cups gives me error:
“Failed to restart cups.service: Unit cups.service not found”

try sudo systemctl restart org.cups.cupsd.service

Job for org.cups.cupsd.service failed because the service did not take the steps required by its unit configuration.
See “systemctl status org.cups.cupsd.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.

Output of systemctl status org.cups.cupsd.service:

● org.cups.cupsd.service - CUPS Scheduler
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/org.cups.cupsd.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: protocol) since Thu 2020-10-15 10:45:28 CEST; 1min 28s ago
TriggeredBy: ● org.cups.cupsd.path
● org.cups.cupsd.socket
Docs: man:cupsd(8)
Process: 5280 ExecStart=/usr/bin/cupsd -l (code=killed, signal=TERM)
Main PID: 5280 (code=killed, signal=TERM)

oct 15 10:45:28 archlinux systemd[1]: org.cups.cupsd.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
oct 15 10:45:28 archlinux systemd[1]: Stopped CUPS Scheduler.
oct 15 10:45:28 archlinux systemd[1]: org.cups.cupsd.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
oct 15 10:45:28 archlinux systemd[1]: org.cups.cupsd.service: Failed with result ‘protocol’.
oct 15 10:45:28 archlinux systemd[1]: Failed to start CUPS Scheduler.

out of curioisity what does say if you enter in terminal : groups ?