Extended monitor starts with blank screen and no panel when set as primary on plasma 5.24

This only happens when my extended monitor is set as primary: running EndeavourOS with Plasma DE on Thinkpad T590 with an extended 2K monitor. I boot with my extended monitor as primary and everything worked as expected, until I updated to plasma 5.24 today. Now whenever I login, the extended monitor is completely black but the laptop display shows without any panels. I can still access krunner.

The only way I get a normal desktop (both laptop display and extended works) is to do one of the following:

1. Login with laptop display set at primary. Afterwards if i set my extended monitor as primary, everything is ok.
  2. After login, I restart plasmashell by issuing command: kquitapp5 plasmashell && kstart plasmashell
  3. Resetting default desktop layout of themes by applying System Settings->Appearance->Use default layout from theme

I’ve reset all display, appearance, workspace settings to default as well as resetting the theme to breeze. Also uninstalled any third party widgets (only had one) but still have the same issue. Im using the default breeze theme.