Error when updating EOS

So this what my terminal shows
(11/11) checking package integrity [------------------------------------------] 100%
error: webkit2gtk-4.1: signature from “Felix Yan felixonmars@archlinux.org” is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/webkit2gtk-4.1-2.42.4-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n]
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
→ error installing repo packages

when I ether y or n this is the result
ature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
→ error installing repo packages
[jr@Z77x ~]$

Try using the eos-update tool.

eos-update

Otherwise, follow the guidance in this topic:

Try this:

sudo pacman -Sy archlinux-keyring

Then:

sudo pacman -Syu – OR – yay, pick whichever one you prefer.

I would also update the EOS keyring as well so sudo pacman -Sy archlinux-keyring endeavouros-keyring

Yes, you can update both keyrings and then run the update as described in this topic:

sudo pacman -Sy archlinux-keyring endeavouros-keyring
sudo pacman -Syu

Or you can use the eos-update tool, which updates the keyrings for you and then runs the update.

eos-update

Why are you trying to update something from /var/cache/pacman/pkg ?
Since it involves webkit2gtk then this package is probably pretty old and it looks like Felix Yan’s PGP key has expired.

exactly what command did you run

pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/webkit2gtk-4.1-2.42.4-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

perhaps. Also, did the output list the key ?

If so try this command

gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-key XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

and see if you can renew Felix Yan (felixonmars) key. felixonmars is still active as far as I know.

Pudge

all I did was to update from the " welcome " app; and now I just run all of the commands suggested and I get the same error result.

Try this and see it will work:

1. sudo pacman -Sc

-c, --clean
Remove packages that are no longer installed from the cache as well as currently unused sync databases to free up disk space.

Or just remove the one supposedly corrupted package:

sudo rm /var/cache/pacman/pkg/webkit2gtk-4.1-2.42.4-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

1. Import the key:

sudo pacman-key --recv-keys B5971F2C5C10A9A08C60030F786C63F330D7CB92

or download the key into a folder and add it to your pacman keys.

Download it here:

https://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?op=getsearch=0xb5971f2c5c10a9a08c60030f786c63f330d7cb92

and then:

sudo pacman-key --add /path/to/downloaded/keyfile

Replace the path with the actual path to the downloaded file.

Finally, run:

sudo pacman -Syu

Or just remove the one supposedly corrupted package:
that is the problem ; there is no /webkit2gtk-4.1-2.42.4-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst , mine is webkit2gtk-4.1-2.42.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst and the system wants to update to …2 , but it can not because “(invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).”
it sounds to me that the signature that comes with the package is corruted .

Run: sudo pacman -Sc and then perform the other steps.

I don’t think so. This package got updated just fine on my system:

[2024-01-17T18:43:33+0100] [ALPM] upgraded webkit2gtk-4.1 (2.42.4-1 → 2.42.4-2)

ok then I just hope that is not to important of a package ; I just run " eos-update " and it looks like it updates just fine except for that

You have asked for help but you don’t seem to care for the suggestions made to solve the issue. Or at least you don’t give any feedback if the suggestions being made have failed and where they have failed.

So Good Luck!

2 Likes

I am running a vanilla Arch setup and am getting the same result when I try to update. The suggestions here are fine , but as you say, none of them solve the problem (at least, not for me). I am just going to wait until the issue is resolved upstream.

It may be worthwhile updating your arch mirrors first and then run the update again.

1 Like

good one " [ricklinux] that worked for me thanks

1 Like