Error when trying to update the packages

When i tried to update the packages through pamac i got an error

`Run npm audit for details.
npm notice 
npm notice New minor version of npm available! 8.5.5 -> 8.12.2
npm notice Changelog: <https://github.com/npm/cli/releases/tag/v8.12.2>
npm notice Run npm install -g npm@8.12.2 to update!
npm notice 
==> Starting build()...
/var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0/node_modules/git-utils /var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0 /var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0
Rebuilding modules āœ“
/var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0 /var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0
/var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0/script /var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0 /var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0
Skipping bootstrap
Copying assets to /var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0/out/app
Transpiling packages with custom transpiler configurations in /var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0/out/app
 transpiling for package github
Installing modules āœ“
Transpiling Babel paths in /var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0/out/app
Transpiling CoffeeScript paths in /var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0/out/app
Transpiling CSON paths in /var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0/out/app
Transpiling PEG.js paths in /var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0/out/app
Generating module cache for /var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0/out/app
Generating pre-built less cache in /var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0/out/app/less-compile-cache
Generating metadata for /var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0/out/app/package.json
Generating API docs at /var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0/docs/output/atom-api.json
Dumping symbols in /var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0/out/symbols
/var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0/script/lib/dump-symbols.js:33
        throw new Error(error);
        ^

[Error: Error
  at /var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0/script/lib/dump-symbols.js:33:15
  at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/var/tmp/pamac-build-caffe/atom/src/atom-1.61.0-beta0/script/node_modules/minidump/lib/minidump.js:27:7)
  at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:315:20)
  at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1021:16)
  at Socket.<anonymous> (internal/child_process.js:443:11)
  at Socket.emit (events.js:315:20)
  at Pipe.<anonymous> (net.js:674:12)
]
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...`

After i tried to use the npm audit command i got

`npm ERR! code ENOLOCK
npm ERR! audit This command requires an existing lockfile.
npm ERR! audit Try creating one first with: npm i --package-lock-only
npm ERR! audit Original error: loadVirtual requires existing shrinkwrap file`

after i tried to use the 2nd command i got

npm ERR! code ENOENT
`npm ERR! syscall open
npm ERR! path /home/caffe/package.json
npm ERR! errno -2
npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/caffe/package.json'
npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.
npm ERR! enoent '
`
1 Like

Please edit your post and format the pasted text by highlighting it and pressing Ctrl-E.
This will significantly increase the readability.

Thanks and good luck with troubleshooting!

One of your AUR packages are failing to build. Use pacman to update repotory packages and an AUR helper to identify which one is failing.

Looks like it is the Atom beta package from AUR; it seems that several others have also issues with updating it: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/atom

1 Like

Iā€™m going to try to update the others without atom and see how it goes

1 Like

update: Yes atom was the problem

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.