EOS pushed Mint of #3

Agreed about Mint users. Most seem to have moved to LMDE but for some reason, Clem and the gang still push Ubuntu base. I think it’s because the time they have to spend on DE is much more than what they have to spend on Ubuntu base (I think).

In one of the posts, I posted my journey in the Linux path. Which I set out to explore alone I’d no one guide me I tough myself by making mistakes and asking dumb questions (I still do). I started with RHL (RedHat Linux not REHL). Then I settled on Ubuntu and installed it on every thing I owned (even my office computer). But used CentOS as a desktop distro for while but it was a learning thing.

I hacked the s…t out of that distro but when they moved to unity and with some what restricted hacking part I searched for another distro which lead me to Mint. But for some reason I was unable to fall in love with that distro. I’d to force my self to use it, which never happened to me when I was using vanilla Ubuntu.

Then I tried a few other stuff all were based on Ubuntu or Debian but none satisfied me. But then I’d to stop using Linux because of my work and I started to play games like an addict (which actually saved me from killing myself. Not lying I have a pretty fed up mind), so started using Wind0w5. But I never gave up on my first love Linux.

Then I saw MX Linux which actually made me fall back in love with Linux. It brought back what I loved about Linux. Hacking around and tweaking the distro to see how can I lose my data :wink: the stupidest way I can. But all this was done in a VM (I basically used a VM as my desktop). I was scared to move away from Wind0w5 because of games (I kind of have to keep my mind away from RL otherwise I lose myself to the dark side).

I always wanted to break away from Wind0w5, then I watched this “EF - Linux Made Simple” youtube channel. And I saw Arch, that was the time I said f… games Arch is the way. Practiced on a VM until I was fluent with the installation of Arch. I was ready to lose everything and then I saw this purplish sale on DistroWatch which had a name which said journey (Endeavor).

I knew I’m in love again, Endeavor is Arch noob proofed. It didn’t try to be another Manjaro clone. It tried to be Arch by easing the installation and then giving pre-configured DE. After that, it’s all on us to tinker, edit or break and then make EnOS to something suites us. This is why I’m in love with this thing and I’m not looking forward to returning to something Debian-based.

Why am I sharing about my life here I don’t know do I have an end to this I don’t think so. I’m just gonna stop now. And @Orca I would like to introduce Grammariy to you. It helps with grammar issues, spelling also corrects entire sentences to make sense, and also shows the mood of the posts we’re typing. It’s free and you can get a subscription if you want more advanced help but free is enough for most of the stuff.

Don’t if you’re using it but if you’re not give it try.

1 Like