EOS installation date

Thank you, I also have the grub-customizer installed and the LTS-Kernel in the first place.

1 Like

It’s been about a month for me. I’d always been interested in Arch-based distributions but was hesitant to try them because I was under the impression that some of the things that I used wouldn’t be available under Arch.

Glad that I did. I’ve been happier here than in any other distribution so far.

2 Likes

Dear zoli62,

If you want the latest Linux kernel in first place, all you need to do, in Grub Customizer, is to “drag” it to first place and “drag” the fallback to second place exactly as I show in my screenshot. Then click Save. Doing just that operation will not cause any harm whatsoever in your system.

Then, in the future, when you boot the computer, you can choose which kernel you want mounted. I myself would use the LTS kernel only in the event of something going wrong with the latest kernel version (and I have never had that happen to me).

Please let me know if this was of any use to you.

Lawrence

Dear Lawrence,

I have the LTS Kernel in the first place to boot automatically with this Kernel because I had a bad experience with the latest Kernels, I had freezes on my machine. It was discussed in more detail here. How is kernel 5.6-2? - #10 by FLVAL

1 Like

Dear zoli62,

I apologize. I was unaware of your problem. I myself have not had any problems with the latest kernels which I install as soon as they are released. But I certainly can appreciate your hesitation in trying them.

And, after all, if the LTS kernel has everything that you need, why change?

Lawrence

Dear Lawrence,

Previously, the normal Kernel worked well for me for a long time, I remember the anomalies started with the 5.6.x series, but not immediately with the very first one. I have an old but stable machine.

1 Like