EOS auto ranking always on?

Hi. I have EOS_AUTO_MIRROR_RANKING=no in /etc/eos-rankmirrors.conf

but after updating today I saw this:

:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/4) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(2/4) Hook to rank EndeavourOS mirrors after installing or upgrading the related mirrorlist package
==> eos-rankmirrors: info: fetching https://gitlab.com/endeavouros-filemirror/PKGBUILDS/-/raw/master/endeavouros-mirrorlist/endeavouros-mirrorlist ...
==> eos-rankmirrors: info: ranking EndeavourOS mirrors, please wait ...

So I was wondering if that value is being ignored or a different EOS_AUTO_MIRROR_RANKING can also be found in other conf files?

If I recall correctly (not 100% sure, someone correct me if I’m wrong), the EOS_AUTO_MIRROR_RANKING only decides if the mirrorlist is to be overwritten or just produce a pacnew instead to be processed on-demand manually by the user.

Do you have a file /etc/pacman.d/endeavouros-mirrorlist.pacnew with modification date matching your update date after that ranking?

P.S: My personal opinion is that the variable naming is confusing, should be something like EOS_AUTO_OVERWRITE_MIRRORLIST or something, but oh well…

1 Like

It is documented in file /etc/eos-rankmirrors.conf.

It determines whether the list file will be overwritten or .pacnew created, as mentioned here already.

Agreed, naming could have been better.

BTW, just released a new eos-rankmirrors package.
I added a config EOS_OVERWRITE_MIRRORLIST, and it gives the value for EOS_AUTO_MIRROR_RANKING.
(There is a minor other change too.)

Hopefully the new name is less confusing. :wink:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.