Eos 2020.07.15, first short review

Hello,
I installed it in boxen an found two little issues.

• The button “restart” after installation did not work
  • changing the resolution in “display and monitor” does not work
    alwi

you have installed which graphical environment

Calamares
The second point appears after restart.

And yet necessary: Plasma

We are aware of this and it is a Calamares bug, the previous version of Calamares also had it in the May release.

I installed again in a VM. My first point is obsolete. I understand, that the button “ready” is best.
Changing the resolution works only in the live-session.
alwi

it’s curious, I installed our iso of the 15/07, I made a manual partitioning with gnome environment, but it’s after some mirrors are subscribed absent, I had to update the mirrors via welcome and it was good.

Arch based needs some setup for virtualbox to work properly:

I use gnome boxen, but the amount of memory and harddisk-space is the same like in the advice with VM.

what are your host specs?

I remember that @fernandomaroto did some test to remove this step that is not a necessity in the sense when you install an OS you wait the end then restart. So we could restart directly at the end of install which would remove this bug !

1 Like

I didn’t remove that last screen of calamares 'cause some people may not want to restart and even be doing other stuff on live environment, so I considered that screen as a failsafe instead of rebooting after install without asking the user :shushing_face:

Regarding the buttom restart I’ve never tweaked and never used it after install :stuck_out_tongue: , but i’ll take a look if there is something causing it to “do nothing”.

1 Like

I haven’t seen it ‘do nothing’, but I would have to look again. I suspect there is an extra choice (OK, Cancel , Done I think it is) there that perhaps is the culprit, but ‘Done’ works…

Or Maybe we could hide the checkbox, like this the users could only click on Finish without checking the checkbox that bring the bug ! Then, they also reboot when they want ? It will close only Calamares…

1 Like

this us only the confusion caused by 3 button’s visible and only one is active and working…

1 Like

We also discussed this after the April release and you’ve looked into it then also for the May release. (The April bug solved release)

These 2 buttons that are deactivated but visible at Finish page are not reachable on april version to hide them. Need to see if the new. 26 could make it !

as far as I’m concerned, the restart button always works.

Do you mean this:?
Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.70.0
Qt Version: 5.15.0
Kernel Version: 5.7.0-3-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz
Memory: 15,4 GiB

yea this should work nicely for a vm, but i would take 3-4GB Ram for a vm if you want it to play nice

or can we see how much cpu gnome-box takes, thank you.