EndeavourOS welcomes India

INDIA_FLAG_flags_indian_1920x1080

We are pleased to announce that since today we’ve added an Indian mirror to our mirrorlist to make the connection to our repo for our significant amount of users from India a bit smoother.

This wasn’t possible without the generous offer from community member UP on Telegram for providing his server space to make this possible.

The mirror is added to our repo but if you want to check it for yourself you can find it over here:
https://mirror.ghead.work/

EDIT: Community member UP changed his name into @overload9 and is also active on the forum.

27 Likes

Thanks for adding this mirror! :blush:

A slightly dumb question, how do I make the Indian mirror my primary mirror?

Update the endeavouros-mirrorlist package and then edit /etc/pacman.d/endeavouros-mirrorlist file to move the Indian server to top. Once this is done just execute pacman -Sy

1 Like

Okay done.
Thanks a lot! :sunflower:

1 Like

Doesn’t that Reflector thingy help with that? (I’m pretty used to editing config files, but that thing looks well handy tbh)

You so need to make a version like that of our beautiful tricolour! :netherlands: :heart_eyes:

आपका बहुत बहुत धन्यवाद

1 Like

LOL dude

दर्पण का आनंद लें
a.k.a

Enjoy the mirror

:joy:

4 Likes

Yeah it can help too

@manuel would be the definitive authority on this. However, I believe that reflector only works on Archlinux repositories. The EndeavaourOS repositories are totally separate from the Archlinux repos. So, if I am wrong someone will correct me, but I believe editing /etc/pacman.d/endeavouros-mirrorlist is the only way to change the EndeavourOS mirrors order of preference. Also notice in /etc/pacman.d besides the endeavouros-mirrorlist, there is also a file named “mirrorlist”. This is the archlinux repos mirrorlist that reflector works with.

Pudge

3 Likes

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

1 Like

@Pudge is right, reflector does not help anything with the EndeavourOS mirrors.

There’s a small package/tool for ranking our mirrors: eos-rankmirrors.
You can try that, but as there are not very many mirrors, editing /etc/pacman.d/endeavouros-mirrorlist is also easy. Rule of thumb is to move the closest mirrors as first in the list.

6 Likes