Endeavouros-theming: /etc/pacman.d/hooks/lsb-release.hook exists in filesystem

Hello,
i get an error while doing updates:

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
endeavouros-theming: /etc/pacman.d/hooks/lsb-release.hook exists in filesystem
endeavouros-theming: /etc/pacman.d/hooks/os-release.hook exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
[endlich@pc ~]$

Maybe there is a fix for it?

Manual intervention is required. Try this:

sudo pacman -Sy endeavouros-theming --overwrite /etc/pacman.d/hooks/\*
sudo pacman -Syu
4 Likes

Theres a new update to that package, please try updating again.
If that doesn’t help, then do as @dalto suggested.

A test I ran just now
sudo pacman -Sy endeavouros-theming
[sudo] password for dalto: 
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                                    133.9 KiB  4.84 MiB/s 00:00 [------------------------------------------------] 100%
 extra                                                  1669.2 KiB  54.3 MiB/s 00:00 [------------------------------------------------] 100%
 community                                                 5.1 MiB   108 MiB/s 00:00 [------------------------------------------------] 100%
 multilib                                                162.6 KiB  0.00   B/s 00:00 [------------------------------------------------] 100%
 endeavouros                                              12.4 KiB   310 KiB/s 00:00 [------------------------------------------------] 100%
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) endeavouros-theming-5-2.2

Total Download Size:   5.59 MiB
Total Installed Size:  6.19 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
:: Retrieving packages...
 endeavouros-theming-5-2.2-any                             5.6 MiB  5.53 MiB/s 00:01 [------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                       [------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                     [------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                          [------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                    [------------------------------------------------] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
endeavouros-theming: /etc/pacman.d/hooks/lsb-release.hook exists in filesystem
endeavouros-theming: /etc/pacman.d/hooks/os-release.hook exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

That being said, I am not sure of a safe way to fix that in a package without manual intervention. They were not part of package and now they are.

It still needs manual intervention, I think it’s wise to push out a warning of a manual intervention for this update.

3 Likes

Hi,

I checked to see if those conflicted files were being used by any package. They were not so I renamed them and re ran the update. Once that finished, I deleted the renamed files and it all works fine now.

Still only on day 3 with Endeavour…

2 Likes

hello,for me, on my gnome it went without problem: “in the terminal” on the other hand on kde-plasma I had the same error message in the terminal so, I tested in passing pamac-aur-git and that works: but with warning

2 Likes

the second updated day has gone cream

1 Like

Installed it via pamac in the same way. Got it installed but with a warning.
EDIT
Moments later I upgraded to v. 5-2.2. That went flawlessly

I haven’t looked at endeavouros-theming yet, but would it be possible to use an if statement to check for the existence of the hooks and if they exist don’t try to overwrite them? I don’t know if this would be the cleanest solution or not.

Pudge

I thought about that.
But we must also have a way to update the files.

1 Like

Good point.

Pudge

Fixed my issue. Thanks

2 Likes

Thankyou.

3 Likes

It’s funny but I have not gotten any errors at all recently. The version of endeavouros-theming I have installed on six (6) computers is < 5-2.2 >. I have recently noticed that lsb-release has also been updated (my installed version is < 1.4-18 >. Are these the latest versions?

I have not done any manual intervention with regard to these programs.

What did I do right?

Lawrence

1 Like

Yes.

Either you are a super hero, or very lucky. Or both. :smile:

1 Like

I vote for both :grin: Actually, I found that 2 (so far) of my EOS systems ignored the whole problem, and two ‘OTHER’ systems had problems with it, Looking forward to finishing my ‘rounds’ of updates on the rest of my setups to see how many fall which way…