EndeavourOS Social Media

While I know EndeavourOS is on Mastodon, networks like Twitter or cringes Facebook can’t be ignored. Any plans to expand into those areas? If not, i would at least grab and park the names, so you will have them should you change your mind. Thoughts?

In my view, the EndeavourOS Forum and website should be the go-to place for seeking information related to EndeavourOS.

1 Like

Going on the Social Media needs also maintainance, i see also a lot Social media guys going to search support on social media. I think forum is a better place. They are on Mastodon & telegram personal its well belanced. if you are on more social media’s is hard to keep up.

As you might know, EndeavourOS is build around the Antergos community, the majority don’t appreciate the big, closed-source social media channels, so we are not going to open those.

I don’t disagree. I would still snag up the names to protect the brand. So even if you don’t use EndeavourOS on Twitter, someone in the group should at least snag the name and point everyone to the forums for support. Just a thought from a branding perspective.

And, perhaps, to keep malicious usurpers from confusing and misdirecting unsuspecting users.

1 Like

You hit the nail on the head.

But, to be clear—I don’t mean to add extra work to Bryan, who is already overloaded right now. Perhaps someone from the community who knows about such platforms can coordinate with Bryan, grab up the accounts on his behalf, do a preliminary posting on each account to direct users to endeavouros.com, and then liaise with Bryan to transfer the account details and credentials for safekeeping and posterity?

(as was already suggested by @sumguythatwrites :slight_smile: )

As you might know, EndeavourOS is build around the Antergos community, the majority don’t appreciate the big, closed-source social media channels, so we are not going to open those.

I absolutely agree with you Bryan. It is my opinion that the website and the forum are the places to obtain current information about Endeavour OS. (Perhaps Telegraph too but I personally prefer to have current information on the website and forum.)

I hope that, sometime in the future, when things settle down a bit, someone on your team will be able to start an e-mail newsletter or even a magazine on the order of Ubuntu’s unofficial FULL CIRCLE MAGAZINE to discuss information important to users and refer users to the requisite place on the website.

But, with all that’s going on just at the moment, that will probably have to be sometime WAY in the future.

My opinions only …

Lawrence

I’m all over twitter https://twitter.com/sumguythat, so if if that’s needed I can have that done today. Is there a general EndeavourOS email address I can use? That way, the devs could always see what is being posted, and when they are ready, take control by changing the password. They would already have the password to the account when created. This is only if the devs want to proceed. Yes, we have Mastodon account that can reach a possibly 300 thousand users, versus Twitter’s 321 million. Just a thought to reach the widest audience possible. Tweets can be announcements copied from the forum and all other requests should direct to the forum.

I hope that, sometime in the future, when things settle down a bit, someone on your team will be able to start an e-mail newsletter or even a magazine on the order of Ubuntu’s unofficial FULL CIRCLE MAGAZINE to discuss information important to users and refer users to the requisite place on the website.

That’s in the pipeline, this feature I promised you from the very first outline when presenting the EOS plan.

1 Like

I would be interesting in helping with the magazine.

1 Like

@sumguythatwrites Twitter isn’t necessary since I personally also have an account on Twitter with EndeavourOS in my profile, so I will be opening that account soon. I have to look into tackling the other social media, maybe (again I have to work out this plan) I’m going to ask one of you guys to join me on that mission.

1 Like

No problem. Here to help!

1 Like

I’ve “secured” the Twitter account, but I have some reservations to do it on Facebook also.

I don’t think you have to worry about FB so much as you have to reach so many likes before you can claim the URL. So with that, we would just monitor that on occasion to see if the the name pops up. I can do that.

1 Like

Thank you for the offer and yes. please.