EndeavourOS new installer LUKS support

I haven’t no. My wm experience is limited to i3, bspwm and dwm.

1 Like

Don’t use ArchLabs, it’s poison, I don’t have it installed on any of my machines :lying_face: :lying_face:… Oh hi @anon61101858 :grin:

I’m so sorry, I’m ruining this thread with my useless banter, I will ban myself… Go on where you left. :heart:

2 Likes

Oh, why is that if I may ask?

Lol

1 Like

No, I have ArchLabs installed on one of my machines and I love it. Untill two months ago, my work laptop was running ArchLabs with EndeavourOS repo enabled on it. A year ago I was fed up with Antergos and replaced it with ArchLabs, so it really was a joke. Now it is running on my laptop I use for watching streaming services in the bedroom. (It’s an eleven year old Acer Aspire with an 18 inch screen and five speakers integrated and is superb for watching movies or sport.)

2 Likes

Oh lol I didn’t get the joke.

Is there any real difference between ArchLabs and EndeavourOS, they both seem pretty minimal? What DE or WM are you using on your ArchLabs setup?

Antergos is the distro that died, right?

Oh wow even my modern 3 year old laptop doesn’t have the sound quality and the screensize. What graphics card does it have?

I must admit, that we are similar in approach and in community, although, I think that we are a little bit more Arch newbie-friendly than AL with the solutions @manuel created, like the welcome app, eos-reflector, eos-update-notifier etc. ArchLabs might be more close to Arch than us, @anon61101858 might disagree with me.

Yes, it is the distro we originated from.

It has an Nvidia 9600m, back then a powerful laptop card and since the recent kernel very well supported with the build-in nouveau driver. The sound quality outperforms my three-year-old Thinkpad and the cooling is great.
I’ve upgraded it some time ago with 8GB RAM and replaced the HDD for two (one 256GB and one 512 GB) SSD. It’s a pity the motherboard, the CPU and the GPU can’t be replaced because the outer casing of this machine is actually screaming to be re-used.

I have Openbox running on it, their Openbox setting is stunning.

1 Like

Oh yeah true that, ArchLabs does seem harder to install.

That is true though and you are right cause like the distro pretty much gives you complete control over what packages you want to have installed or not.

Oh wow I didn’t even know that.

Can you play video games just as well as with the Nvidia drivers?

SOunds like a very expensive laptop.

Oh nice, I assume it is a 2.5 inch SATA SSD and not M.2.cache NVMe SSD?

If it works fine, especially with Linux, why to replace it :)?

Yes I have to admit it was great. But the problem I got with Polybar on both Manjaro and ArchLabs is that it kept freezing up and it doesn’t matter if I ran it on VM or not, it was way too annoying.

By the way just curious, I just wanted to know how come you decided to use ArchLabs instead of EndeavourOS, is there something ArchLabs offered for your system that EndeavourOS didn’t have or somethign?

Just laziness, I had installed AL on all my machines and I didn’t bother transfering this machine as well, it has EndeavourOS repo enabled though.

1 Like

I installed Plasma EndeavourOS on my computer last night and all my machines are encrypted. I installed it manually, and I left the boot without encryption. ext2 - boot. Then encrypted the rest ext4-root encrypted. This way your data is secure, and you don’t take any chance of messing up the boot with encryption after an update. Also it boots up fast. You get to the login screen after about 8 seconds.
A painful lesson I ran into a while back with Manjaro after a major update. My boot was encrypted as well, and I was totally stuck!

*A cruel, nasty horrible joke. I am sad :frowning:

This I 100% agree with. :smiley:

*I too am joking.

3 Likes

Do you have a separate /home and /?

I think he only has root as i said before Calamares on the current ISO doesn’t support more than one partition encrypted. Unless he has been able to work some MoJo then i’m thinking from reading the post it’s just root.

1 Like

Hey man, is there a beta ISO file I can download for the upcomming EndeavourOS release?

Not unless you see one posted on the site? I think you’re going to have to be patient. In due time! You’ll see it when i see it. :wink:

3 Likes

The mere mentioning of automated LVM and full LUKS encryptioning makes me somewhat clammy handed.

Installing that on gf #1’s laptop would be a great passtime in these quarantine times.

2 Likes