EndeavourOS first stable release has arrived!

@axt after you brought my attention to gpg checksum directions, the replies to the two-step gpg directions seemed invalid in my terminal konsole. This was the first time in all my linux years I have encountered a gpg style checksum (or a “.sig” file).

Was a big fan of Antergos and have been keeping an eye on how things have unfolded with Endeavour. I tried out the second beta in a virtualbox, just downloaded the stable release and will try it out live shortly. Congrats! When I first saw the thread on the old antergos forums immediately following their announcement I never would have thought this would have happened so quickly and with such organization. Serious kudos to everyone involved. Looking forward to booting up my first Endeavour… :+1:

1 Like

Currently getting and error on the announce url from Linuxtracker.

Congrats, it looks great! Love the new info app that autoruns exactly what was needed

1 Like

I created an iso image of endeavourOS: I followed the instructions of the github and it works, the github is very well done

1 Like

Running on bare metal:
Screenshot%20from%202019-07-15%2016-30-23

Quick install. Seven minutes from “Install Now” to “Reboot Now.” Working fine so far, but it’s late so I’ll abuse it tomorrow :smirk:

Overall, very well done – especially in the time involved. Thanks for all the hard work.

2 Likes

WIll give an installer a try as soon as I don’t have to install xfce.
J.

How you install cinnamon?

Good job, congratulations to those involved.
Gnome-Boxes VM
Captura%20de%20tela%20de%202019-07-16%2005-24-09

You can read about it over here.

Thank you my friend, you are the best.

1 Like

Having two desktop environments installed usually leads to a ton of redundant applications as well as problems with default applications.
J.

1 Like

I know, but I wrote this article especially for users who want to abandon XFCE since the online installer isn’t ready yet, that’s why I ended the article with the commands to remove another DE.

VirtualBox_arcolique_16_07_2019_18_33_49 hello

1 Like

in this installation, there are still the xfce4 packages. I would like to know how to make an iso image with linux-lts only

the same way we do the non LTS version of the ISO only change the installed kernel;)

just put linux-lts and linux-lts-headers instead linux linux-headers and that’s it, I’ll do a test tomorrow

I agree. So, I will throw this suggestion out there to get a feel on how users think on this.

Proposal
I don’t know if a base Arch install will be one of the ten DEs supported by Endeavour or not. If it is going to be supported, I suggest that the Arch base install be the next release.

1. Perhaps @joekamprad could comment on this, but I would think that a Arch Base install should be quick and dirty to get out as most of the details have already been worked out with the XFCE version. Although I might be off base on this opinion.
  2. If 1 is correct, then users that want a DE other than XFCE would have a chance to have a pure Gnome, KDE, or other DE. This could be a stop gap fix until all 10 DEs are available.

After a pure Arch base install, one would only do the following to prepare for installing a new DE. The following could change depending on what @joekamprad inclues in the installer, such as a user account.

I am an old school Unix/Linux user, and a lot of distributions have the alias ll installed out of the gate. Pure Arch doesn’t. So the first thing I do is add it. As root add the following line after the PS1= line.
# vi /etc/bash.bashrc
alias ll=‘ls -l - -color=auto’
# ping edeavouros.com If the ping works fine, if it doesn’t work, enable dhcpcd.service as follows
# systemctl enable dhcpcd.service
# useradd -m -G -s /bin/bash YourNewUserName
# passwd YourNewUserName

Next, follow the Wiki article by @Bryanpwo in the Jul 16, post earlier in this thread.
Voila, you have your new DE

Any comments on this proposal?

Pudge
I try to think but nothing happens.

2 Likes

VirtualBox_endea_17_07_2019_16_15_48 hello,this is the result of the test

@JR29 first i do not get what this could be… you are building an LTS image…
Do you have this on Github/Gitlab forked so that i can have a look to sources?

But the file:

https://github.com/endeavouros-team/calamares-offlineinstaller/blob/355a9830416ba47074c58c2b9a3bd18260827188/src/modules/initcpio/main.py#L40

must be changed…