EndeavourOS Desktop Environment

Hi … When will you release the others desktop environments for EndeavourOS ?

Not as an iso, currently work on it. Plan is the fall, butter currently is quality testing it need time to. Have a netinstall.

1 Like

hello, in 5 to 15 minutes you changed graphic environment and did the cleaning: “flatpak of gnome”

Hi and welcome to the community.

Like @ringo already explained the net installer with its choice of Desktop Environments during install, will be launched somewhere in the fall.

2 Likes

Please consider to include OpenBox DE

I cannot tell next, first mission is to accomplish te net install. From antergos history it can come but is to early to promes :grin:

2 Likes

No problem, at least you have that scheduled so, we can wait for it to come !
Blessings !

UncleMez, Openbox is a window manager not a desktop environment like Gnome or KDE. I’ve used Openbox for the last three years, and if you like tinkering like I do, you can install Openbox from the repos very easily. Though configuring it how you like will take a little bit of effort on your part. We’ll be glad to help you achieve your goal. We’re just “ask a question” away :grin:

3 Likes

i don’t want to suffer man !
We will leave it for next time :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Brother, no need to suffer. We got your back. :+1:

1 Like

To do so we need a basic working config for it!
—> Help is welcome!

3 Likes

Joe, would you like to have a look at my ~/.config/openbox and autostart as I have it now?

M.

4 Likes
1 Like

yes if you can provide it and say something about special setuop you have done, it is welcome!
best way would be to have them as dotfiles on GitHub GitLab.

1 Like

Sorry Joe, believe it or not, I’ve never used GitHub other than for cloning into. Might take a few to get a grasp on it, plus I’ll make the effort to pare down my menu.xml to better reflect the ISO you guys created. That way there won’t be any dead links people might get flustered with.

2 Likes

you do not have to use Git to share i do only recommend as it will be easy for us to read and collect e.t.c.

1 Like