Endeavour works on first full boot of system, but rebooting via gui, termial, or hardware button results in blank screen

System Info

Operating System: EndeavourOS 
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.10
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.114.0
Qt Version: 5.15.12
Kernel Version: 6.7.4-1-cachyos-bore (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 16 × AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core Processor
Memory: 30.5 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT
Manufacturer: ASRock
Product Name: B650E Taichi Lite

Kernel Params

root=UUID=[redacted] rw rootflags=subvol=/@ lsm=landlock,lockdown,yama,integrity,apparmor,bpf module_blacklist=nvidia,nvidia_modeset,nvidia_uvm,nvidia_drm,pcspkr nouveau.modeset=1 i915.modeset=1 radeon.modeset=1 nvme_load=yes audit=0 acpi_backlight=vendor splash quiet zswap.compressor=zstd zswap.max_pool_percent=10 nowatchdog

As stated coming from a cold boot EoS will boot, however trying to restart by any of the means in the title leads to a black screen upon boot.

I am dual booting with Windows on a separate drive.

Any help will be welcomed.

Why all the nVidia stuff in your kernel parameters?

1 Like

At some point I screwed up my old parameters and then rebased it on the parameters set in the EndeavourOS ISO.

mm dual boot windows

Did you disable secure boot in bios/uefi? Possible your Windows won’t boot after setting this to disable
Did you disable fastboot in bios/uefi?

Fastboot is off, SecureBoot is enabled because I signed my kernels

did you try with the regular kernel?
CachyOS has several highly experimental patches in its kernels. Every time I tried them I had issues of varying severity up to data corruption.
If you want to use feature level optimized packages, ALHP has the more stable approach (using them for months without issues)

Just got back home about to roll packages to the default packages to try this out.

Just switched to the ALHP packages and removed the BORE Kernel no difference.

You should read this post No video output after boot menu - #6 by MrToddarama and probably the entire thread included related posts/links … I think you are being affected by an issue with how the kernel handles amd drm. There has been a fix made upstream that will probably be in the 6.8 kernel starting with 6.8rc3. I am waiting on this myself, though it will take some time since even testing is still on 6.7

1 Like

I didn’t even know this was an ongoing issue, thank you for bringing this my attention.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.