Endeavour, what is your goal?

I’m new to Endeavour, the project really caught my attention, but even reading the description that explains the project I couldn’t quite understand the purpose. Is Endeavour looking to be Arch’s Mint or just looking to be another ArcoLinux? I love the Arch base for the power it offers, but I can’t stand the elitist vision around it, so I ask again, is Endeavour a Distro that aims to hug everyone or not?

1 Like

EndeavourOS is it’s own and has a welcoming community here ready to help. The purpose is to provide an easy install of an Arch based distro and help users along the way when and if necessary. Currently the ISO is providing an offline installer of Arch with EndeavourOS theming of the Xfce desktop. In the near future there will be an online installer that will enable a user to install the desktop of choice offered. We welcome everyone with a big hug. So welcome @Pakatonobr. I hope you give us a try and stay for long haul. This is what we want to have users who maybe have been distro hoppers to end their journey and settle in and stay. We are here to help and make your stay enjoyable. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

In addition to what @Bryanpwo and others have written, take a look/listen to:

and start at about 58 minutes.

3 Likes

@CMarch @ricklinux, thanks, I think I already know which Distro I will use for now. I am excited to be part of the community.

1 Like

Your welcome! Big hug! :laughing:

1 Like

Welcome @Pakatonobr to join us. EndeavourOS is an Arch journey that everybody here try to make it in orbit. :rocket:

3 Likes

I am not involved more than a regular user but to specifically answer one question…

To me, it seems EndeavourOS is occupying a sweet spot between Zen Installer and SwagArch /Namib Linux. And a far larger community and “a budget”.