Dual Monitors

Hi guys, I had installed endeavouros i3 on a virtual machine and had a great experience so I decided to setup a dual boot with endeavouros on my second ssd, I have installed it and it runs fine however as soon as it boots it only recognises 1 display. I have a 4k monitor connected with hdmi and a 1440p monitor with display port, I installed the AMDGPU drivers and its still the same. When I boot it appears to load fine its only when I am logging in does it revert to one screen, it is the 4k hdmi one that is the only showing a display

welcome at the forum :enos:
i3 setup does not include any display setup automation, you need to do so with xrandr or if you want gui arandr (what is installed p.d.)
Setup your displays and save the file with the name monitor then take a look into i3 settings file ~/.config/i3/config and add this:
exec --no-startup-id ~/.screenlayout/monitor.sh

Hi thanks for the update, however I have ran arandr and the GUI only shows 1 display, not sure what I am doing wrong

do both displays work from live-ISO?
what shows xrandr ?

they both worked in the live iso when i was installing, the both also worked fine when I set it up in t Vbox too, xrandr just gives me

could you share boot journal:

Think I have the right thing here http://ix.io/2O6h

Also the DisplayPort Monitor seems to work when it is the only one plugged in, I tried to use xrandr --addmode to add the HDMI display after but it did not work :confused:

Feb 02 12:54:19 Rocinante kernel: [drm:psp_hw_start [amdgpu]] *ERROR* PSP load kdb failed!
Feb 02 12:54:19 Rocinante kernel: [drm:psp_hw_init [amdgpu]] *ERROR* PSP firmware loading failed
Feb 02 12:54:19 Rocinante kernel: [drm:amdgpu_device_fw_loading [amdgpu]] *ERROR* hw_init of IP block <psp> failed -22
Feb 02 12:54:19 Rocinante kernel: amdgpu 0000:28:00.0: amdgpu: amdgpu_device_ip_init failed
Feb 02 12:54:19 Rocinante kernel: amdgpu 0000:28:00.0: amdgpu: Fatal error during GPU init
Feb 02 12:54:19 Rocinante kernel: amdgpu: probe of 0000:28:00.0 failed with error -22
yay -S inxi
inxxi -G

to show what your GPU is…

Try installing LTS kernel and choose that on on bootup could help
sudo pacman -S linux-lts linux-lts-headers

cool so I ran inxi -G it showed drivers as N/A installed LTS kernel and now I have 2 displays which looks great and when I do inxi -G the driver shows as amdgpu however when I boot into LTS kernel I have no internet access

you probably need a dkms driver for the network adapter, but better open a new topic for the new issue.

I decided to do a full reinstall, then ran into the same issues with the display, default display manager was set to lightdm so I changed to lxdm or sddm and they seem to work with both monitors however if I change it to gdm or lightdm I can only seem to use one

strange that…