Distrowatch top 2

Every year or so I take a look over at Distrowatch, mostly so I can get a whiff of that nostalgic 90s Web 1.0 look.

As the top two battle it out, it’s easy to say it’s not official, but who cares :rofl:
Over the past 6 months :enos: has steadily notched upwards to within striking distance of its nemesis MX Linux.

:enos: is now within 173 installs or reviews, or whatever, of the #1 top spot, and I still haven’t tried MX Linux, as I thought how could a mail server be so popular, MX, get it.

Meanwhile Arch is languishing at #29 next to something forgettably called Q4OS. At least it’s better than another Arch distro Archlabs sitting on the bottom at #100.

When will :enos: take the Distrowatch crown? Who even cares? :partying_face:

4 Likes

The number of clicks:
one click per day from the same IP address gets registered

Related topics/discussions

:enos: :rocket: :milky_way:

1 Like

We mustn’t stop talking about the supreme importance that is Distrowatch until we have just as many topics about it as Distrowatch has as many Linux distros that it watches!!!
:exploding_head: :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Lets all just use EOS and stop talking about it! :laughing:

4 Likes

I was actually using Fedora 36 this week (spoiler, it’s good!), but I’m back on EndeavourOS of course because 1) i miss you and 2) Fedora and/or Nvidia just wouldn’t display my color profile accurately. Everything looked either way over saturated or very under saturated. Apparently color management is slated for a Fedora 37 target release, so I might try again in 6 months, but for now it was fun while it lasted :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Was that VM or physical install?

I loaded it into Gnome Boxes, but it would take me more time than I can spare right now to get it humming along the way I have :enos:

The number of distros is a real eye popper actually.

Still :enos: has some decent reviews on there and an 8.7/10 ranking.
Here’s one review that got 25 votes :exploding_head:

Over time I still think Wayland will rule the display managers.

2 Likes

I guess it’s all relative.

:smirk:

That was a clever joke :rofl:

1 Like

If that is a reply to me, I don’t understand what exactly is relative to exactly what.

If it is a general statement, made generally about many situations in general, I guess you are right, generally speaking :slightly_smiling_face:

I guess we’re all relative, if you go back far enough in the family tree (even the :frog: and the :turkey:) :wink:

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree more!

Greetings
:bug:

2 Likes

waves flipper :penguin:

2 Likes

Endeavour at number 1 on distro watch will be the absolute pinnacle if my life. Better than marriage. Better than Justin Bieber’s car wreck, and even better than my step mother’s freezer burnt vegetable lasagna.

This forum will be translated into English and distributed on street corners and into prison cells to lead the broken into salvation. The second coming of Jesus will be dusted away as a new dawn will be upon us!

All hail the power of distrowatch 1!!

It will be the single most important event since the big bang and the inevitable YouTube news to follow will surely be botched and disappointing as always.

4 Likes

It was especially for those in the DNS world.

1 Like

Such a visionary :exploding_head:

Einstein will be very happy to know this.
:wink:

2 Likes

Clever :rofl:

1 Like

I used to run Fedora many years ago back in the Heisenbug days. Last time I tried it was Fedora 32, but it was quite buggy on my hardware then so I stayed with PopOS/Solus. All the recent Fedora ‘hype’ peeked my curiosity again, and being a Gnome user, I was curious to see/feel how Gnome/RPMs/dnf functioned since it’s been a long while. So I wiped my EndeavourOS and installed Fedora 36 bare metal to see how it actually works and feels because there are just some things you don’t get in a Boxes VM. Overall, the hype is warranted, but my opinion is biased of course since I’ve always been a fan of Fedora and Gnome, but in recently releases it has gotten a lot better experience-wise I’d say.

2 Likes

@fbodymechanic think bend truth little! Pinnacle of your life be the

“fbodyBTW “ yt channel :joy: still wait + finger ready for push “ subscribe “

1 Like