DistroWatch Ranking for 7 Days

Knowledge transfer through close encounters of the third kind?

:alien:

Intergalactic knowledge transfer using mind meld! :wink:

That’s a better question for you since you just got here. Many of us have been here well over a year, and some even 2. Are we?

At this point, anything Arch that comes with an installer is beginner friendly according to news and reviews.

1 Like

Nope, you guys suck :smiley: :clown_face:

This may be one of the funniest things I’ve read in a long time. Hahahaha.

1 Like

Sounds like I’m in the right place then.

1 Like

What’s even funnier is what’s in the list! :upside_down_face:

I actually found Endeavour through distrowatch.

I’ve been here since the beginning. :smile_cat:

2 Likes

me too :grinning:

1 Like

Distrowatch is based on click rates. i.e. if a distro is higher in rank they get even more click attention.

Google trend is a good indication of engagement.

But something like Steam Stats will show actual installations.

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam?platform=linux

Screenshot_2021-08-18_23-32-35

2 Likes

I am interested to know how/why? Did you know the guys at Antergos who were off to make EOS?

How/Why? From being on Antergos and i just loved it.

2 Likes

To be fair it says the same about Manjaro too, which would be a more accurate statement there because Manjaro users can never go near the terminal and use their systems thanks to Pamac.

I wouldn’t worry about being labelled “beginner friendly Arch” too much either. It’s a bit like saying beginner friendly neuro-surgery techniques :joy:

To be honest I’d embrace the concept, because while it may draw beginners to Arch, they’ll likely stick around because of the community and the simple reason that Endeavour is as close to a beginner friendly version of vanilla Arch with a solid community behind it as they’re ever likely to encounter.

Vanilla Arch? Not beginner friendly, unfriendly community.
Manjaro? Beginner friendly, no community.
Endeavour? Beginner friendly, friendly community.

Best of both worlds IMO :slight_smile:

3 Likes

EndeavourOS: 99.99% Arch with 100% beginner-friendly community.
:enos:

7 Likes

Yes he did, @ricklinux is one of the many loyal members that followed and helped us from the moment EOS was still an unnamed project on paper. :heart:

5 Likes

Paper … you guys used paper … wow.

3 Likes

virtual paper and rivers of digital ink :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks; that sort of thing is a side of the story we don’t generally get to see. <3

1 Like

Endeavour OS reached No. 1 on “Last 7 Days” click-based attention! Well done

Roll on to “Last 30 Days” and “Last 3 Months” etc soon.

Screenshot_2021-09-20_12-35-24

1 Like