Display resets

So…I landed on XFCE (since I already know I love that DE) and so far it’s been great…except after my PC goes to sleep or whatever…my display settings are jacked up…it is mirroring on all three monitors…and then the Plank is set for the primary screen, but showing up on one of the other monitors…idk what the hell is going on. Haha. Any thoughts? I don’t really want to mess with my display settings each time I sit down at the PC.

What sort of monitors do you have connected, and how do you have them connected?

1 Like

Three Dell Full-HD monitors. Two are display-port and one is HDMI. Those are what my GPU support. It is an AMD RX 480.

1 Like

So, just to remove the obvious initial stuff, have you tried the displays in any other configuration, e.g. only one connected via HDMI?

1 Like

Only one is connected via HDMI. I haven’t tried changing which one is plugged into which input…since they are all identical monitors.

I know. You have three connected in total. I’m asking whether you have tried with one connected in total (e.g. with HDMI only).

1 Like

Oh, no. I haven’t tried with only one connected. What would that show?

It might narrow it down to a particular port, connection type, or configuration/layout.

3 Likes

I’ll give that a shot.

3 Likes