Discussion about packages in the EndeavourOS Repository vs. AUR e.t.c

Not at all, I think that, EOS may or may not configure ArchLinux to a greater or lesser extent, the base is totally Arch, not even a comma is touched, for this reason, you can use AUR without any type of openings, since the AUR itself , as a community repo, it is maintained by the users, of course it is more advanced, but end users and whoever can use them and maintain them.

Your opinion is respectable, like everyone’s in this forum, now; I do not find it appropriate to impose that EOS be responsible for maintaining AUR packages, in case someone in the future has problems.
I’ve been using Arch and the official forum for a long time, where I’ve seen people who have stopped maintaining AUR packages, as well as people who have taken care of those packages and nobody felt offended or anything like that,

This is really my point of view on the subject in question, I am only a moderator and admirer of the developers and leaders of this project, who are people willing and willing to do things well and especially in time. The same time he will be judge and part of EOS.

For now, I will not continue with this controversy.

The capture that I put in my answer, is neither more nor less than what AUR says, you can take it or leave it, for me AUR is not the responsibility of EOS under any point of view, it is my thought.

Subject finished for me.

2 Likes

I just want to weigh in here and give my 2 cents. I don’t think that just because users come to Endeavour and decide that this is what they want in a distro and are pushing certain things that Endeavour should just follow that path. I think that there was a clear vision in the beginning and it has come to fruition. As it moves forward i know there will be some changes that are necessary for different reasons. Those things may or may not be influenced by the community but should be thought out and discussed by those who started this Endeavour and done in the best interest of the distro and those involved. I know we are a community here but i don’t want it to have undue influence in the decisions made. Some advanced users may want things to be the way they want them for what ever reason but i think they already know Arch and can do what ever they want and maybe this is or isn’t the distro for them. I think that Endeavour should keep certain things specific to itself because that’s what makes it different and unique. I don’t necessarily agree that it should be available to all. This is the work of the team and they have put the thought and effort into coming up with something that maybe you don’t want to do that. Getting help and ideas is great but there also needs to be a defined position where the boundaries are. I am very pleased with the direction that the distro has taken and i believe that slow incremental well thought out choices are best. Then if it doesn’t fall into the vision it can be reversed or changed easily.

1 Like