Discord crash

DiscordCanary 0.0.283
(node:2484) [DEP0005] DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead.
Starting app.
Starting updater.
[Modules] Modules initializing
[Modules] Distribution: remote
[Modules] Host updates: enabled
[Modules] Module updates: enabled
[Modules] Module install path: C:\Users\grifo\AppData\Roaming\discordcanary\0.0.283\modules
[Modules] Module installed file path: C:\Users\grifo\AppData\Roaming\discordcanary\0.0.283\modules\installed.json
[Modules] Module download path: C:\Users\grifo\AppData\Roaming\discordcanary\0.0.283\modules\pending
[Modules] No updates to install
[Modules] Checking for host updates.
[Modules] Host is up to date.
[Modules] Checking for module updates at https://discord.com/api/modules/canary/versions.json
[Modules] No module updates available.
[WebContents] crashed... reloading
[WebContents] double crashed... RIP =(

i tried to reinstall but nothing to do

welcome at the forum!
how do you install discord?

Has to do with opera codecs, or use arch discord electron. In aur. Or downgrade opera codecs you see at depency

It seems like you’re running Discord Canary. Isn’t that the development version? The official Discord package is going to be a lot more stable.

(aside: Are you running this on EndeavourOS? Those install paths look distinctly Windows-y :thinking:)

2 Likes

I moved this post to the applications category, since it isn’t a bug report on the EndeavourOS base system.

it is not necessary to forget to update its pc, before installing a new software, a lot of person that, I made the test and discord-canary is installed