Disappointed from Mozilla’s changes in regard to handling profiles

Come on, I can’t hear it anymore. FF and Mozilla, the epidome of privacy!
Did you use FF in 2017? I did! Remember this? I do!

It doesn’t change the fact that there is nothing better…

5 Likes

Depends on how “better” is defined I guess.

I think it’s better too! It just works. :fox_face: Great!!

All this does not change the fact: there is no real alternative …

1 Like

@vidar that is actually true, one could live with KDE PIM, but thunderbird is still handier, easier
to use.

Soon we are all going to be the citizens of Metaverse. I don’t think they have a word for “privacy”.

3 Likes

I really think that will be the reason for this change, apart from some people who know the trick @dalto :-), normal users will sign up for a Mozilla sync account, to transfer their profiles to new computers, well Mozilla is no facebook but still : - )

If you think it,'s better, that’s ok. But @dalto was claiming that you shouldn’t use any other browser if you care about privacy. And that’s a bold claim.

I really like this forum but I don’t get why so many ppl are so obsessed with FF here. It feels like a cult :smiling_imp:

I trust chromium well e.g., hope at least :sweat_smile:, Falkon, Midori, Basilisk, LibreWolf?

I just think it’s a better browser all around. I like the look, the way it works. It’s dependable, it’s as secure & private as or better than most. It just works for me and i have no issues with it. Am i 100% private …I think that’s an unattainable dream under normal use & circumstances. I’m not that concerned about every little thing. I just want to have a good browser that does the job i need it to do and it does that. There’s no cult! I just don’t buy into all this stuff about Brave and Vivaldi and Tor and whatever and I’m sure as hell not going to use Edge! That much i can tell you! I’m sticking to Firefox because i like their browser and it works for me. I’m not that paranoid otherwise i might as well cut the cord and bury my head in the sand!

4 Likes

No cult. Different opinions which healthy :blush: At end of day you use what fit you. Your system your rule​:vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

I have signed up a long time ago and use it to sync my bookmarks and pwd (for pages I don‘t really care).

The rest is handled by a pwd Manager like lastpass. I personally don‘t see a problem with that and don‘t get why people bash the firefox sync feature.

Most people use dropbox or other cloud sync software on their phones anyways… just saying.

Edit: but I get @Scotty_Trees point, we want to not be locked into any ecosystem, but it is difficult when we talk about syncing things easily. Most of these happen over the cloud.

1 Like

Well its open source :man_shrugging:

I feel rather that many people seem to be obsessed not using FF :laughing:

Edit: but just realized chromium is also open source :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Edit2: gnome web ? https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Web/

2 Likes

As I said, that’s fine. It’s your opinion and I respect that! I can’t relate (the UI is one of the reasons I rarely use FF anymore) but I respect it!

Just stumbled across this. Again with the Metaverse? I’ve never (really! it’s the truth) ever used Arsebook. Zuckerberg can shove his concept where the sun don’t shine! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yes, different opinions are fine. Nothing wrong with that.
But, what @dalto was claiming didn’t sound like an opinion, he made it sound like a fact:

That’s like saying “If you care about performance you get a Ryzen 3995WX. If you don’t care about performance there are other CPUs from Intel or AMD available.”
Or “If you care about safety you buy a Mazda CX30. If you don’t care about safety there are other cars from different manufacturers available.”

And overall, I see a lot of subjective positive opinions about FF and a lot of subjective negative opinions about other browsers here. Again, nothing wrong with opinions! But I would like to see some more objective discussions about this topic also.
How about some objective and constructive discussion about this in the Private Browser Topic this weekend? Anybody interrested?

@dalto: Hope you don’t get this wrong, nothing personal and no offense meant. You just triggered me there :wink:

Ah, Browser wars! They never really go away. :wink:

Indeed, or just a simple firefox -P

+1 Never actively used FB!
From all the Big Tech guys out there Zuck is the one I find most suspicious.
I really think that a “Metaverse” could be nice. But ofc not when it is made for commercial purposes by a company like FB. But who knows, maybe we get a Meta-Darkverse some day :grinning: