Did System76 just hint at a possible Arch+PopOS in their latest video?

According to @mmstick (PopOS Engineer)

“No. It’s just that not everyone at System76 is using Pop!_OS. Some use Arch, others use NixOS, someone might be using Gentoo. Most are using Pop. Particularly those developing and supporting Pop.”

So nothing to see here :sweat_smile:

I was aware it was more than likely just some wishful thinking on my part being a former PopOS user myself, but everyone here has made some very valid points, from both sides of the coin.

There have been a few distros in the past and some more recently that have gone from using a Ubuntu-base to switching to a Debian-base.Peppermint OS is a distro I know that have made such a switch very recently. Linux Mint has LMDE (Linux Mint Debian Edition) which is based off of Debian Buster, though the main version of Linux Mint still uses Ubuntu, this is just a separate Edition.

I haven’t the ‘froggiest’ idea either! :frog:

Honestly, I couldn’t gobble gobble with you more :+1: . Truth be told gobble gobble would be great. Just imagine gobble gobble did that too, it would be interesting for sure! But for now my real thoughts on it are gobble gobble! :turkey:

There’s always money in the banana stand, but it doesn’t appear like System76 and Valve have the same visions, so I collaboration at this time at least doesn’t seem viable. But it’s possible their interests might align more in the future to warrant a type of collaboration or maybe even a partnership. System76 is fiercely independent, so it seems most unlikely, but never say never, anything could happen.

I guess with all things said, at the end of the day though, I’m just happy to say I use EndeavourOS, of course :wink: