Deleted EndeavourOS from GRUB

It worked fine. Except now grub looks like “normal” grub without the endeavourOS look. And I’m getting another error at the start, ‘hibernation device not found’
I will try to reinstall the system since it’s new. Always, thanks a lot for your great help

Did you use hibernation before?

If so, you would need to set it up again. No need to re-install if you don’t want to.

I had some other problems and want to configure it better now that I know the system better. Always nice to learn new things !

1 Like

This is because of the GRUB_DEFAULT=saved setting, which fails to read grubenv on a btrfs partition.
It is advised to not use saved (which fails anyway), rather a hardcoded entry number (0 for 1st menu entry, 1 for 2nd entry etc.).

I have seen the double entries lots of times. IIRC it is also related to btrfs (or LVM?) subvolumes and the way they are mounted from grub-mkconfig.
I think there is a patch for this issue (for grub.d/10_linux). I am not sure if this is applied in EnOS grub hooks.

2 Likes

Alright. Got it! Thanks for the explanation!

It might. However I used to have systems on BTRFS using Grub and personally I never had this issue.
I have since switched to systemd-boot. It is quite straight forward no-nonesense boot method. I am happy not to have to deal with grub updates etc.

Don’t know. Perhaps if some of the devs looking in here could tell.

Thanks again for your reply shedding more light on these issues!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.