Crappy Bluetooth sound

I have an intel 7265 wireless card and I paired it with EU mini boom bluetooth speaker using blueman manager, I needed to install bluez-hid2hci to make it pair, but after enabling the speakers the sound is really crappy like 5 seconds good and 10 horrible disturbed quality. I never had this issue so I don’t know where to start.

First make sure that you have pulseaudio-bluetooth, bluez, bluez-libs, and bluez-utils installed.

Now I’m sure that you realize that Bluetooth sound is not going to be as good as sound obtained from a good DAC attached to your computer.

That said, start playing music via your Bluetooth connection and then go into the audio mixer section within PulseAudio, scroll to the Configuration tab (the tab farthest to the right) and make certain that the Bluetooth is set to High Fidelity Playback (A2DP Sink).

If all of the above does not improve the sound with your particular speaker I suggest that you try another Bluetooth speaker to see if the sound through that one is better. If it is no better, then possibly something is wrong with the Bluetooth module in your computer, You may want to try using an external (USB) Bluetooth transmitter to see if that makes a difference.

If all else fails (and no one else on this forum can help you), then I might suggest that you try an external DAC. Via that device you should be able to obtain good-quality sound.

I know that at least part of my answer is not what you really want to hear but, in any case, I hope that this is of some help to you.

Lawrence

I could also change and try, instead of Blueman for Blueberry

https://endeavouros.com/docs/hardware-and-network/bluetooth/

In eos-welcome you also have it easy to install.
BLUEBERRY

I managed to make it work properly when I added blueman manager, but then after removing blueberry it can’t pair it anymore, is it weird to keep both of them?

No, they both don’t … quarrel :slight_smile:

Now is telling me protocol not available, I really don’t like bluetooth technology !

Neither do I, but it is what there is …

Tested by console:
bluetoothctl
power on
agent on
default-agent
scan on
connect XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
scan off

1 Like

For now the only solution is to pair it with blueberry and then i need to just open blueman, at that point the sound is fixed. Really nonsense.

Maybe it’s a rotten Blueberry! :rofl:

Are you unable to use bluetoothctl?

What you mean?

Regarding,

Are you unable to just pair with bluetoothctl?

I don’t see why not, I’ll try that, thanks.

1 Like

Without looking as I’m on my phone, maybe blueberry has some dependency you need that you aren’t getting with just blueman causing your issue.

I was just wondering if removing a manager could also remove a library, I will make more attempts tinkering with blueman blueberry and bluetoothctl.

Ok, I only removed blueberry manager without the dependencies and now it works perfectly with blueman. :+1:

2 Likes