Continuous system freezes

Can we party like it’s 1997 again and use complete words?

2 Likes

Yes please… instead of ths xD stuff! :wink:

Is BIOS/UEFI up to date?
Is XMP/DOCP set?
Are any overclocking active?

And this happens only while gaming the crab game? (first time i read crap game lol)

Would try standard linux kernel and run few heavy tests like unigine benchmarks and superpi or something.

Sorry to crash the party… I do read a lot of the posts. Amazed at the help you guys give out daily!
When I get my confidence up a little more, I’ll chime in when I can.

2 Likes

I try my best with what i know. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

BIOS is up to date. Just updated it.
XMP was set but disabled it. Doesn’t seem to be the problem however.
No overclocking is present (can’t even do that).
It doesn’t only happen while playing crab game.
And I’m using the zen kernel and if seems to be allot more stable.

Alr sounds gud to me xd.

So, instead of chasing this the way we are in circles.

Setup REISUB here - [Tip] Enable Magic SysRq Key (REISUB)

Setup an Endeavour live USB.

The next time it happens, reboot using REISUB directly into your trusty Endeavour USB

Chroot in and send us the journal of boot that froze.

I believe it’s (sorry, on phone not computer, someone correct me if I’m wrong)

journalctl -p -1 | eos-sendlog

Describing a problem isn’t always helpful. Show us. When posting any logs please include the command you typed, not an excerpt from it. We need to make sure to see everything.

3 Likes

“No Overclocking is present” isnt fully true on todays system. Every Mainboard works around the official specs to deliver better performance as a another mainboard.

Would run few benchmarks to look if there is a specific situation then the system crashes.

1 Like

I didn’t enable XMP profile on my ram. Cpu isn’t overclocked since my motherboard doesn’t support overclocking. GPU is pre overclocked.

1 Like

I’ll do it trmw. When my dyst crashes ofc. The crashes are more rare now. But they still happen from time to time.

Test your memory …?

lol.

Then i would suggest to reset the oc of the gpu first.

@sudokit

All settings should be set to default if you are having issues with crashes. You have to start at a baseline in order to know what could be causing this and go from there methodically checking hardware.

I have tested it. Nothing seemed to be wrong. I have tested it once with the window memory test and another time with memtest86? Was it?

I have no idea how. Since I haven’t done any overclocking on it. Since it was overclocked from factory, isn’t the “default” right now the overclocked?

Ok, I think there is a little misunderstanding here.

If you bought the graphics card and did not overclock it, then it is in stock condition.

It does not matter if the manufacturer has overclocked it himself. Then the card is still not overclocked for the customer, because the customer buys a series product.

As with the motherboards, each manufacturer makes its own soup to be faster than manufacturer X. Only with GPUs you can not change this without BIOS flashing (you should not).

As mentioned before, I would run some benchmarks and check all sensor data until the system crashes.

You should do this ASAP! Operating your ram out of spec especially when all motherboards behave differently voltage wise is never a good idea.

Also post inxi -Fxxxza --no-host

I should enable XMP? And yeah I’ll post it soon!!

Yes. It also depends on hardware which is why I need the output from that command.