Conky not autostarting anymore in Plasma 5.24

Maybe that is the issue, maybe this is their desired behavior.

Without a bug report nothing can change though.

2 Likes

In my case, an autostart script I have seems to be working, but conky doesn’t even start.
When manually starting from terminal, it exits with Floating point exception (core dumped).

Prior to 5.24, everything worked fine. I use conky-cairo-no-nvidia, but I also tried with conky.

I think you should open a new topic for that problem as it is completely different. conky didn’t crash with corefiles here.
you could give conky-git a try though, it gave me 1.12.3pre instead of 1.12.2pre that is in the repos (it didn’t have any influence on my problem though)

will check on Saturday if KDE and/or conky already have bug reports and take care of that. Won’t have time to check how to report bugs in those projects until then.

You’re right. I’ll wait till the weekend and maybe I’ll open a new topic.

I had issues with 2 machines last update, both use kde, but only one uses conky.

My main machine using conky would not load the conkies, but the autostart loaded my menu I made in python to control them.
The machine not using conky, removed everything from the desktop except the welcome menu.
idk if related or not just sayin’

I used downgrade by date

Super nice easy thing to use to get everything back, but I’ll watch here for when I should attempt update again.

Much easier solution:
add -q option

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.