Congratulations, you’ve been granted moderator status!

All right guys, got this message earlier these days.
This is not bragging, it’s just totally unexpected and new for me.
I am more concerned about doing it the polite, professional manner that conforms with rules, and making the right decisions.

January was a special “bad luck” month.
My car broke, my health took a blow (am I still on medical leave), somebody tried to scheme me with a second hand GPU…the list goes on and on. I am not complaining much, and the only social media are bulletin forums and keeping things to myself. But I was wondering when the bad news will stop.

So when I saw the email, just sat down and…
I am humbled by such small things, I needed something positive.
To many, this is trivial. But to me, it was/is something that is making a difference.

We all want that our services, our good deeds and efforts to be recognised and rewarded.
I thank you openly for this, meant the world to me.
You will never knew how you made the sun shine that day for me. I sat there in the silence of my study and thinking about it.

Oh, those ninjas cutting onions…

12 Likes

We’re glad to bring you a bit of sunshine during your bad start of the year.

To be honest, this “honour” is the result of your effortless work as a translator, in a way you did this all by yourself. :wink:

2 Likes

Congratulations! We’re lucky to have such great moderators looking after us all! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :star_struck:

1 Like

It was great to work with You on collaboration for the RO Welcome, You understood very fast then always with good manners, You brang a good quality in what You are doing, so I believe You deserve it to be part of the Team.

Yesterday was your palindrome birthday, it seems that your bad time is behind… :rocket:

1 Like

Thanks, it means a lot to me.
I try to do whatever good work that it’s in my power.
Because I know first hand that others are doing the same but at even higher levels.
How to sit idle and not giving back?
Not everything is about money or power, job position…
The simple absolutely absurd truth is that we will leave this world unable to take nothing with us. Nothing.
But we can leave something behind. It’s on every one of us all.

8 Likes

Congratulations Anticupidon,
may the luck be with you from now on. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good to have you at the ring!
Welcome at moderators.
:vulcan_salute:t2:

1 Like

Welcome @Anticupidon
Nice to have another computer guru by our side!

1 Like

Well congratulations @Anticupidon, good to hear

1 Like

Welcome to Moderators! :clap:

You do deserve this recognition. And nice to see that you appreciate it!
:smile:

1 Like

Bravo !

1 Like

Welcome to moderators team, @Anticupidon :smiley:

1 Like

I am on the other side of the world, so I am late to the party on this one.
They say trouble comes in threes, so hopefully the bad times are behind you.
Congratulations on becoming a moderator/translator.

Truer words were never spoken, and it is a good thing to be reminded of that from time to time.

Wish you all the best

Pudge

1 Like

My congratulations for Anticupidon.

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

To you all.
I was born poor. My family told me that the only way to do better is to study, learn and be polite and respectful. And be self resilient and not forget where I am from.
I was raised so even a warm smile or friendly word means a lot to me.
And when this community gives other so much back, guys, I am humbled and honoured to be a part of the change I want in this world.
Know that you made someone’s day better.
I thank you all.

5 Likes