Congratulations on 10 years, Manjaro

It must have been left over on the Google drive.

1 Like

Or they got it from the wimps who had previously picked up everything …

I thought it would have been on Ubuntu One.

Anyway, that’s an impressive run for a Linux distro regardless.

1 Like

What about Debian…it’s been around for eons! :laughing:

1 Like

When they make another circle around the sun, they can get their own thread. This one is for the Manjaro folks out there.

1 Like

Yes 10 years is a milestone. Congrats to Manjaro team!

5 Likes

So are the glaciers.

Manjaro was the first Arch-based distro I came across.

2 Likes

I actually used Antergos first and the i came across Manjaro and used both up until EndeavourOS. I don’t use Manjaro much any more. Not that i don’t like it. I just like EndeavourOS more.

4 Likes

:100: :point_up:

6 Likes

I liked Manjaro until their forum was reduced to just help support. The distro still seems to be doing fine and I enjoyed it for several years, especially while Manjaro32 was still active. Tens years is a remarkable accomplishment. :partying_face:

1 Like

I took a closer look at the Manjaro forum and noticed that there is much more talk of glitches and errors than is the case with the pure Arch. One would think that all this has been fixed by the longer testing. There seems to be a calculation not quite go, right?

3 Likes

This is exactly one of the drivers while I moved away from Manjaro. I started using Manjaro becuase of the extra QA process. But after some years using it I realized that it is actually not adding any value. In fact in many cases it is the opposite. The Manjaro Testing process is not mature.

Please see also the thread I opened in the Manjaro Foum about this topic.
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-quality-assurance-qa/27594

6 Likes

It was never a process to begin with, just a gestation period in separate repos.

The Manjaro leadership was completely reliant upon a subset of the community to “test” for them, until they went and blew it all up …

No surprises there.

4 Likes

To be fair, this is partially because the Manjaro forum has become purely a support forum. Because of this, people only go there to report issues for the most part.

The userbase for Manjaro and Arch are also fundamentally different.

6 Likes

That was also just a thought on the side from me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

15 july… no one… :pensive: :cry: :smiling_imp:

10 Likes

Too young! :rofl:

But really :birthday: :enos_flag:

2 Likes

Congratulations to all on the EndeavourOS team! 2 years as of July 15. We haven’t forgotten!

:partying_face:

11 Likes