Confessions of a DistroHopper

One of the Arch Ways

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Archinstall

:grin:

2 Likes

I think the point of the Arch way installer was to force the user into learning to follow wiki paths across multiple entries - as a proof of competence of sorts. It could so easily have been written to be easy, had it been desired…

It appears that some Arch forum mods are unimpressed with existence of an official script :grin: Can’t blame them… It is like me trying to believe that anyone who didn’t learn to drive on a manual can actually know what they’re doing out there…

2 Likes

In case anyone is missing the joke here, this is Stevie Wonder, an extremely talented musician/singer/producer, who is also blind since birth, and is photoshopped here behind the driving wheel of a car, to imply that… we all drive as good as Stevie Wonder :sweat_smile:

Well I guess not, as according to their own forum rules you are not entitled to support on the Arch forum if you used a script to install Arch. :rofl:

1 Like

I sorta understand…but I sorta want to say coughaholescough. I do expect to see people TRY to help themselves and not just beg, but some elitist behavior seems wrong. Guess that’s neither here not there, but hard to not say something.
As much as I love the arch based distros…